mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
Scenario games

just signed up for my first scenario game on November 18th at Cousins Paintball in Manchester,NJ. What do i bring? Walkie talkies? camel back? what should i bring with me? and what gun do you guys usually shoot? Stock Class? Open Class Pump? Mech? Electronic? markers. This is my first scenario game since i started playing back in 2000. Dont know what im in for and how much paint to buy. Sidenote-my 2 buddies are coming along and i will be using my truck to get to the field.
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

On site camping? Bring camping junk. s'mores, moonshine, tent, YOUR OWN ROLL OF TP. Do they allow things like small grills? cooler. gallon jugs of water. camel back is awesome. wet naps in case showering is limited/non existant.

if you're staying in a hotel, disregard all that mess ^ except for the water, food, and camel back. maybe have a roll of tp at the field as well. couldn't hurt.

bring a couple different marker set ups if you have them so you can change out and see what fits you best for this type of game. I'd personally buy a case if I was bringing 3 or more different markers.

LOCK YOUR STUFF UP TIGHT WHEN YOU'RE NOT NEAR IT.

Last edited by Melvin; 10-24-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Melvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
how many cases should i expect to go through on a 9-5 scenario day?
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

One would last ME an entire 48 hour game. but that's how I shoot. Make a list of the markers you'll be taking (or are you going to use the time before the game to buy more markers to use?) and go from there.
Melvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
not your average redneck

Hey, I have played the dark ops scenerio 4 times now (and many other scenarios) and it is always fun. Usually I shoot one of my mech cockers with an electric hopper so I can still throw some paint. I usually shoot around one case whereas some guys will shoot 2,3,4 cases. It all depends on your play style, for example; if it seems like its a stalemate going back and forth exchanging fire I will either go around and look for a way to flank or dive into the front and get close-so most times I either get around and make good use of paint with kills or get annihilated
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
not your average redneck

Oh and with any scenario make sure to bring extras of everything, I can't tell you how many times that I have grabbed something on a wimb and the ended up desparately needing it
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
WCP Scenario Paintball

Give this a read; it should help you with the easily overlooked things. http://www.pbriot.com/showthread.php...-scenario-game
Chooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
General Scenerio Game Packing List & Info Pack

by US_Army_Guy
aka Jonathan Mickler
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5DN...tQQ/edit?pli=1

Helped me for Canadian Carnage.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

For DarkOps you don't really need radios, and most commercial radios that they sell at radio shack or wally world operate on channels that will be so flooded at the field they're almost useless. Generally they're more trouble than they're worth.

Lots of water, even in cooler temps dehydration can be a bitch. Food if you don't want to rely on the on-site vendors (normally they have good food there but the lines can get long especially if you wait until the actual lunch break.

As for marker, run what ya brung. I've played every single DarkOps since they've started and I've probably used every single type of marker from pump to pistol to electro to giant milsim monstrosity. If you do bring an electro, spare batteries and probably two cases of paint minimum unless you're excellent with trigger control. The Dark Ops field is relatively open and brushy, with low-hanging tree branches so if you don't want to be doing the sneaky belly crawl all day you have to be prepared to hammer through the brush a bit.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Shooting an electro in a scenario I would go through a case and a half easy! Its a numbers game and there is allot more long balling. If you want to stay with just a case shoot three bags with the electric then switch to a pump for the last 500 shots. As far as radio's I like them it that kind of game. Having a camel back never hurts but you should not need it for the time of year it is. Hope you have fun! Feyd...............

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games