mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #571 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Been with her 4 years. I know saying "I'll attend the next one" was not really nice but they are throwing the guilt trip on me... but yeah, I've been planning on going to SuperGame45 since SG44. The wedding date was announced just two weeks ago!
I dunno.. I might have to wear a tuxedo underneath my paintball Jersey and slip out of the game two hours early. But then, I'll miss the big DMZ battle. If only I had a fast car and no cops on I-5.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #572 (permalink)
Boss Lady

Supergame 42, we had announced early in the year the dates to all of our family and friends so that they would all know that we were NOT available that weekend because we'd have our booth. So what does my brother do? Get married that weekend because it was the only date his church had open. So I literally did wipe down with some wet-naps, put on my church clothes and go to the wedding. I looked surprisingly presentable for an August SuperGame weekend - there wasn't too much dust clung to me. But I'm sure I smelled more like "paint-filled campsite" than "happy churchgoer". I got there early enough for pleasantries, stayed late enough for photos, and then headed back to SuperGame to work the booth the rest of the night.

It CAN be done!

For the good of the people: Feedback Thread
GHPBwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #573 (permalink)
Boss Lady

Press time!!

---

SUPER STANCHY CUSTOMS RETURNING TO SUPERGAME 45

April 4th, 2013 - St. Paul, Oregon

Super Stanchy Customs, a paintball modification and prototype shop based in Vancouver, Washington, will be heading back to SuperGame the first weekend in May. The SSC booth, will serve as a showcase for the many modifications that Stanchy is famous for; including performance enhancements for WGP Autocockers and the CCI Phantom. SSC announced today that they will be offering special pricing and contests in their SuperGame 45 booth. Details can be found on their Facebook page, www.facebook.com/superstanchycustoms.

Launched in 2008, Super Stanchy Customs has become closely integrated in the Northwest pump and modification communities. Owner Ryan "Stanchy" Stanchfield has organized and sponsored several competitive pump teams. Several Super Stanchy Customs sponsored players will also be in attendance for the SuperGame 3 vs. 3 pump tournament being held Saturday, May 4th, 2013. Mr. Stanchfield states, "SSC is excited to see everyone and show off what we have been working on over the last 8 months. New builds, new sales, new crazy ideas!"

The SuperGame Vendor Village has been a launching-point for several popular paintball companies. Super Stanchy Customs, Gearheadz Paintball LLC, Impact Action Sports, BNS Paintball and others have shared in the opportunity to field test prototypes, demonstrate new product and get real-time feedback from customers at SuperGame events. The SuperGame trade show is a unique chance for manufacturer collaboration and commercial field testing during a scenario game.

For more information, on SuperGame 45, please contact:
Dan Bonebrake
dan@supergame.tv
Supergame or
(503)585-9477

For the good of the people: Feedback Thread
GHPBwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #574 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powkoa View Post
Less than 30 days away.....is nice yes?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #575 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
I'm in a bind. Planning on going to SuperGame (May 3-5). But my girlfriends mom (AKA future in-laws) decided to have her wedding the last minute on May 4. This is really upsetting. Wedding is at 4PM in Seattle (3hours drive) and I'm not thrilled about driving back and forth but I can't miss SuperGame. Anyone has a good excuse that I can throw or have a plan/suggestions?

She didn't like "Honey, this is your mom's third wedding... I'll make sure to attend the next one..." excuse.
You go. You tell her that you already paid for your entry, your paint, and your hotel. Maybe the hotel is refundable, as you would be giving enough notice, but nothing else is.

Besides, LoC needs you.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #576 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Thank you bigbadbubba1337, funny stuff.

jjron99, If I was in your shoes I would go to SG. The only way I could justify going to the wedding instead of SG would be if I had not already paid for the weekend.
Otherwise, it's not your problem. You told them you were going already. The wedding will go on whether you are there or not. If she is "the one" and you couldn't think of disappointing her, you would not even be posting your dilemma here. Also, a third wedding is a joke in my opinion. The mother is just dating somebody else and getting a legal document to prove she believes it is serious at this moment.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #577 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbubba1337 View Post
Man, I am so stoked! I have been lifting or running everyday trying to up my cardio and drop some weight. It's no fun to play as a huffing and puffing fat guy. Winter months are not kind to me. Hopefully I can drop another ten pounds or so over the next few weeks. So stoked!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #578 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Hey people, go post here: Supergame Roll Call!

so I can update the list!

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #579 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Worse she can do is "Cut you Off" for a few weeks if that. I'm sue you told her well in advance. I would go. Sometimes in a relationship, you just have to fly SOLO.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #580 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
I'm in a bind. Planning on going to SuperGame (May 3-5). But my girlfriends mom (AKA future in-laws) decided to have her wedding the last minute on May 4. This is really upsetting. Wedding is at 4PM in Seattle (3hours drive) and I'm not thrilled about driving back and forth but I can't miss SuperGame. Anyone has a good excuse that I can throw or have a plan/suggestions?

She didn't like "Honey, this is your mom's third wedding... I'll make sure to attend the next one..." excuse.
Offer to have the wedding at SG! Win, win. Of course there may be an entire crowd of people chanting "dont do it, dont do it".

I would go to SG still. They can't throw together a last minute wedding and expect everyone to attend.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games