mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Sheridan Equalizer questions

Just picked up one of these off ebay for kicks and works pretty well with one exception, there is a rearward most screw attached to the ASA that leaks when its in place, when the screw is not there, leak goes away.

what is the purpose of this screw?

any other general information about this marker is much appreciated.
FHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Don't know if anyone has any experience with the equalizer but if someone does happen to come across this thread here's an update to my question. There actually is no leak *so long as* the marker is aired up before I put that screw in (still seems weird/wrong) but I'm beginning to think that screw has something to do with a velocity issue I'm having seeing as to how I can't seem to chrono it below 350. any ideas?

Don't be afraid to tell me the gun is F'ed (i know there's no replacement parts out) as long as you can give some kind of description as to why.
FHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

i feel your pain i have 2 of these one nib that i will not touch and the other works intermitantly at best have not been abel to figure much out about it. All information anyone seems to have is that they suck.
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

want to buy red pump handle

Nelson, Tippmann, Dye, Angle, Spyder stuff
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

I might be able to help. Would this be the screw?

That would be the velocity Adjuster. It isn't leaking, the Reg is set up so that after every shot it will recharge which will make this 'Wheezing noise' (as some have called it). It's perfectly normal to hear that noise.

I will step up and defend the EQ right now. The main problem is that the valve springs weren't all 100% the same. The exact size constraints differed in the hundred that were made. Thanks to this mis-attention to detail, not all of the functioned the same. The main reason for a Sluggish EQ would be timing. This can be fixed by replacing the Blow-forward spring, as well as some of the springs in the Reg.

I'm working on providing service to these Equalizers thanks to the fact that I now own two and know people who have broken ones they don't want to ditch. I'm going to provide replacement gaskets for the valve in the grip. I might be up for servicing them once I'm more familiar. What ever you do, don't throw the marker away. I'm gonna PM you guys to incase you don't check this forum, I know it's old.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan