mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

actually, he may decide to be buried with it like the pharoahs of old and their glittering treasures.

I wish there were photo's of some of the other things in his collection.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
CPL/USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13
actually, he may decide to be buried with it like the pharoahs of old and their glittering treasures.

I wish there were photo's of some of the other things in his collection.
And like most pharaohs, he will be grave robbed...

I've never lusted wood like this in my life.
brayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #23 (permalink)

As for the length of the barrel, back when I took those pictures we had the forethought to put a measuring tape alongside of the barrel for two shots.

It's about 15" from the front of the stock.

podup365.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Wow, what a work of art. As for the old photograph, I think it's pretty obvious that the top "feedtube" is the blade sight. You can see it taper down pretty quickly - too quickly to be a feedtube if we're following traditional perspective rules.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Needs new knees

RussC: Huh? What are you trying to say? sorry I dont understand, are you trying to say the old photo isnt the same gun? The Blade sight is mounted on the barrel, the feed tube is on the side. The old photo IS the same gun, guarnteed!

Shane-O
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
aka FairLady

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I'm with Shane-O

From what I can remember from previous discussions on this marker (both MCB and PGPOG) this marker was customized by Macmurray and was intended to be marketed (don't remember the 70 marker distribution part but nevertheless). The fact that it has dual 12 gram operation (similar to the mojo) and what appears to be a mac-1 pump handle, I'd say its highly probable that this marker has been touched by Macmurray.

My only question is: Does this marker strike anyone else as a modded K-2? Its got the brass knob, the old style PG site, everything indicating a K-2. The lack of the longer K-2 stock, I would guess would be to make possible a pump action without too long a reach.

Input?

GOD I love that marker!!!

Last edited by 300z; 08-03-2006 at 12:23 AM.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

You mis-read my post. I said that the supposed second feed tube is the ramp sight.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

okay... well after a few contacts with Tim on some things I am working on, I seen this post and really was curious... here is a reply from the man himself....

"Tony,
There were 200 guns made with 21" long barrels. They had the feed tube on the right and the barrel on top so you had to lay them on their side to get them to feed. It was extra lame. They made tri tube pistols Maybe 2 or 3 of them. I gave mine back to David Freeman to put in his museum.
The long guns shot for ****. When we cut the barrels off to 13" they rocked the painball world.
I tried to buy the 200 guns for $70 ($14K) because nobody else could get them to shoot over 200 fps.
I sent a Cashiers Check and those *******s at PMI reniged and sent my money back. A month later I invented the pump because I had to put that money to work fast.
None of these guns were ever fitted with a pump till after the production. I don't know who got them but I converted well over half of them to pump twist dual or bulk.
It was a tri tube set-up and we layed the barrel on the side by turning the action over 90 degrees so the feed tube was on top. They were really accurate. We'de split the stock and slide the front piece on a dowel as the first crude pump. Later we made delrins for these tri tubes. I doubt I have any but if I do it would be the pump to fit to that gun to make it more comfy. You need a longer pump rod also.
It was the first centerfire bolt set-up and it did not break balls in 13" configuration. Even with the centerfire bolt it was a ball breaker in 21" configuration. If that barrel had more than a hint of moisture it would turn into paint soup. Properly cared for a 13" would shoot 10" groups at 150 feet. We followed this pattern with the Annihilator but with a more precision barrel.
The factory was feeding me these long guns to sort out and I kept cutting them off to 13" and dual CO2 converting them. They shot too good. The factory wanted to make them work with a single 12 gram & 21" barrel and I told them to dream on. It wasn't going to happen. Physically impossible.

Later

Tim"

I hope you all find this as interesting as I did..... and now you know....

My Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...ser=87&cat=500

Feedback
Ebay - http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS
Mcarterbrown - http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
AmericanPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
That is good history, definitely the kind of thing somebody needs to archive.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tim is THE man.

That is all.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan