mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

KP Rocks

Why is it that the only time I see anything about a KP it is a sale. It has been a couple of years since I last played but I still keep my KP2 in as best shape as possible. Are there any owners groups or enthusists clubs for the relics of old or are they disappearing as those who orginally used them? Who is the best person/store/etc to send one in just to have a professional to look over it?
timthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

PPS is the go-to shop for anything Sheridan. They specialize in the old Sheridan valvetrain, and their custom guns are actually based on the lower tube layout of the K-series guns. As far as owner's groups, this site right here probably has the highest percentage of K owners on the 'net. If you're looking for people to shoot the s*** with over vintage PB guns, you've found the right place. Many people here have one, some have two and a few Wood-whores keep full rooms stocked with KPs.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Ruckus Fox

It would seem logical that Palmer would be more than willing to restore your K-series rifle. Seeing as how he loves brass so much that he -made- his own models of the guns. =) It'll set you back $100 to replace the innards, but hopefully it'll be worth it. While you're at it...you might as well get detents and a velocity adjuster, if you don't have them.

That's what I plan to do when I get one for myself, anyway. The RVA should set you back 15-20 dollars and the detents shouldn't cost too much. I'd also recommend that ya re-finish the stock. =3 They look dead sexy with really dark wood stains. And of course, if you're like me, you have a shrine devoted to the Sheridan gods. So obviously scrape some room away to place the holy gun on a pedestal or something.

--Ruckus

Feedback
Ruckus Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
brassmage and necrotech

i've had my kp for about 10 years now, and they'll pry it from my cold, dead fingers palmer's pursuit shop is quite popular here as a full service shop, and many members (like me) prefer to do all thier own work, so have plenty of experience and are quite happy to confuse anybody who asks with contradicting advice
chplnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

And as far as KPs disappearing...I think the revenous members of MCarterBrown have singlehandedly caused a generation of paintballers to put theirs up on ebay after seeing those selling prices.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

welcome to MCB. you'll find many KP lovers here and i'm one of them.

what kind of "look over" are you after?

does it leak? low velocity? what?
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
welcome to MCB. you'll find many KP lovers here and i'm one of them.

what kind of "look over" are you after?

does it leak? low velocity? what?
Thank you everyone for the responses and love of these beautiful pieces of art.

There is no main reason for a look over other than to just that, have a professional go through it. Same reason for a frame-off restoration, the car may still work prefectly, but the work needs to be done for it to really shine.
timthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

KPOG, KP Owners Group
It's been around for a while-check it out. They'll bury me with my KP.
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

A frame off restoration on a clean and dry car that was driven on sundays to church and parked in a garage in arizona is a waste of time, money, and will probably decrease the value of the car.

Same goes with a gun, there isnt any reason to take apart a gun, especially a KP that doesnt need to be taken apart. If you dont want them to performance tune the thing, you would be better off getting yourself a valve tool and the seal kit and do replace the seals yourself if they ever went bad.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
KPOG, KP Owners Group
It's been around for a while-check it out. They'll bury me with my KP.

Dead dog there with lots of misinformation better off here in the Sheridan forum and PGPOG.( after all all brass sheridans have the same valve and issues.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan