mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Thanks for the info and help guys.

--- MCB FEEDBACK ---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I picked this PGP up today. It was a local Craigslist find. It's in excellent condition. Other than a small flake of paint being chipped off the trigger guard, this thing is mint. The seller was the original owner. He claimed he only plinked around with it in the back yard and it never saw a game. The condition seems to back up his story. The gun was also well lubed and had some gunk built up from dust collecting in the oil over the years...

I field stripped the bolt and oiled it and ran a stick squeegee through the barrel. I also dripped a few drops of oil into onto the valve and greased the nipple of the first 12g I loaded. The gun shot darts and was dead on. I would guess the velocity was around the 280ish mark. Now, I'm used to shooting KP's and getting around 30 shots to a 12g (on a good day). This PGP gets around 50 good usable shots... The drop off is very noticeable around shot numbers 55-56. Is this normal? I keep reading on here about PGP's having poor efficiency, but this gun seems to defy that. I shot around 250 balls through it and had the same results every time. The paint I'm using does match the barrel very well, so I know that has a lot to do with it.

--- MCB FEEDBACK ---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
pew pew pew

I haven't chrono'd a whole 12gram but I get about 30 solid shots before I drop it out and change. The next 10-15 are usable but I would rather be safe than sorry.

I bought mine in a fairly "used" condition we'll say and the first time I took it out to the field with nothing but a little oil it shot right at 279 on the first shot, every one after was +/-4 from 20 shots. Solid as a rock. Good find!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan