mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Is this the valve tool for my marker?

Ok I have had this p-12 pump for many years. It has a constant air tapped right into it behind the pump and about 1" in front of the trigger. One day 6 years ago I could not get the velocity up past 230fps. Tried every thing springs shims you name it no luck, finally put it away. Now I would like to make it live again and am wondering if this is the valve tool Valve tool, PPS/Crosman/Sheridan [SHER059] - $19.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something I need. And if it is Can I still pull out the valve as described in this thread http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...sassembly.html with the constant air built in to it? Any help or suggestions would be great thanks.

Last edited by Lowteck; 06-28-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Lowteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
so you have a 90* fitting on the right side of the marker? Either way it shouldn't impact you being able to remove the valve. Yes that's the valve tool you need. You've come to the right place to ask for help in restoring it to working condition. Ask away...we're here to help.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

This is what is got Long Beard if the pic works. Got it new like that only put the sight rail on it!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Interesting. I like the angle of the vertical air. Cool man.

I'm gonna guess that that still won't impact you removing the valve. Your vertical air is probably connected to a dummy 12 gram in the bottom tube. You could unscrew the gnurled handle at the end of the bottom tube and look in to tell. It shouldn't impact valve removal either way.

My MCB Feedback
Old 06-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Yeah, the valve is pretty much right above the front screw for the trigger frame, so you should be okay.

Best bet is getting a velocity adjuster from Palmers which would replace the lower rear tube cap. I don't know what benefit you will get pulling the valve... unless you think it's full of crud. If you know what you are doing you could certainly port and polish the valve to get more flow.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ya no dummy 12 gram seems to be some kind of plug.
Schmitti I'm sorta hoping that is full of crud (easy fix) but am willing to drill or polish it what ever it takes. It has a velocity adjuster in the bolt very much like a VM-68 would the palmers one be of any extra help or just one more thing to adjust?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Well having the Palmers RVA would be a little simpler for adjusting than the bolt. Say you're in line to chrono your gun and you're a little high or low but there are others standing around waiting....it would just be a tad quicker. I have liked all my Palmers RVA's. If you're ordering a valve tool anyway...mid-as-well send it along for the ride...unless you've already placed your order.

My MCB Feedback
Old 06-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Lowtek... porting and polishing is actually very easy to do... just takes time and patience to do the setup and polishing. Also.. I have this gut feeling that you have some sort of restriction in your system that is causing your low velocity... don't know if it's in that plug/adapter.. but it just seems like you aren't getting enough gas into the valve.

E
Old 06-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nice marker, do you know who did the work on it? It's really old, maybe 22-25 years.

A couple more points of lost velocity:

The velocity adjuster in the bolt also causes low velocity, you get a fair amount of lost air escaping through the back, if you pick up an RVA you can plug the bolt and it may help also.

Are you using Air or CO2? These guns like CO2, much more. Although you can set it up for HPA easily enough; you need to port the valve or respring the valve.

Oh and that thread on disassembly is missing the pictures(maybe schmitti will fix it ), if you need any help ask here.
the_chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

You know.. I wish I took pictures of the disassembly process for a sheridan let alone of all the sheridans I've owned.

As it is I don't have one laying around otherwise I would.

E

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan