mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sheridan (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/)
-   -   Drop leg holster for PGP? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sheridan/180917-drop-leg-holster-pgp.html)

wpshin01 11-01-2011 10:23 PM

Drop leg holster for PGP?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a drop leg holster for my PGP? I see plenty of hip holsters, but I like feeling like Han Solo so a thigh holster sounds much more appealing.

CIERA1932 11-01-2011 11:36 PM

Are you sure you really want a Drop Leg holster..?
I am 5' 5" tall, and it just doesn't work for me. I love Drop Leg Holsters, but with the weight of most pistols, it quickly works itself down my leg, especially when I start running. The PGP tends to be heavy. Just be aware of the possible problem.
But, if you are sure you want it...
Here is a link for the one I've used for my PGP. Seems to fit it well.

Deluxe Black Paintball Gun Holster | eBay

Good luck with your setup...
It works well, especially for the price.

Deuce 11-02-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIERA1932 (Post 2068086)
Are you sure you really want a Drop Leg holster..?
I am 5' 5" tall, and it just doesn't work for me. I love Drop Leg Holsters, but with the weight of most pistols, it quickly works itself down my leg, especially when I start running. The PGP tends to be heavy. Just be aware of the possible problem.
But, if you are sure you want it...
Here is a link for the one I've used for my PGP. Seems to fit it well.

Deluxe Black Paintball Gun Holster | eBay

Good luck with your setup...
It works well, especially for the price.

How does that happen? The drop holster is supposed to be secured to the leg and to a belt. Working it's way down your leg doesn't make sense.

OP, see if you can secure a Warsensor holster. They have a shoulder and drop leg holster that fits a PGP very well. I have one and I've used it for PGPs, T8's, etc. It's very well made.

matteekay 11-02-2011 01:49 AM

I keep my Duckslide in one between matches and it's super-convenient (gives your arms a break and frees up your hands). This is the one I use:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

And a link.

It's a UTG/Leapers designed for paintball (that strip on the front holds 12ies) and is very flexible as you "wrap" your marker as tightly or loosely as desired. Fits a PGP no problem.

pbmafia 11-02-2011 01:53 AM

I have a pgp sitting on my desk, that I have been trying to get around to making a leg holster for. I can make one up if your interested. It would run $45.

CIERA1932 11-03-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 2068141)
How does that happen? The drop holster is supposed to be secured to the leg and to a belt. Working it's way down your leg doesn't make sense.

It is the weight and shape of the gun...
No matter how tight I put the straps, it moves a little. If you think about it does make sense, the human leg is wider on top, so when you run, tends to move and due to gravity moves down to thinner part of leg. The attachment to your belt limits this, but does not completely eliminate it. For me, just not comfortable when it moves. most people just accept it. I am fairly short, only 5' 5", the bottom strap slides down to my knee. If you are tall and thin, the effect is usually less.

Next time you are on the field, take a good look at everyone wearing a drop leg holster, by the end of the day, almost all slide down, even if only a little bit.

The only holster I've found that limits this the most are the Kendrix Drop Down Holster mounts, but they go for $100+ not including the holster. A bit pricey for me.

wpshin01 11-03-2011 12:40 PM

Well, I'm not looking to use this as a side arm. If I have it on me, it's my main piece. The holster is more or less just to free up my hands between games, serve as a barrel blocking device, hold 12 grams, etc. I don't think I'll be running with it holstered.

GoatBoy 11-03-2011 12:50 PM

Ever wonder what it's like to holster a pan flute?

I guess you'll find out!

need4reebs 11-05-2011 03:11 PM

what about your pocket man...thats what use for me PGP...they are even free with the pants...haha

senghing27 11-05-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIERA1932 (Post 2069494)
It is the weight and shape of the gun...
No matter how tight I put the straps, it moves a little. If you think about it does make sense, the human leg is wider on top, so when you run, tends to move and due to gravity moves down to thinner part of leg. The attachment to your belt limits this, but does not completely eliminate it. For me, just not comfortable when it moves. most people just accept it. I am fairly short, only 5' 5", the bottom strap slides down to my knee. If you are tall and thin, the effect is usually less.

I too share this same problem.
Not only that, but my current rig has the drop leg pouches so my leg real estate is gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpshin01 (Post 2069965)
Well, I'm not looking to use this as a side arm. If I have it on me, it's my main piece. The holster is more or less just to free up my hands between games, serve as a barrel blocking device, hold 12 grams, etc. I don't think I'll be running with it holstered.

If you're just going to have it holstered, have you though about a hip one, but cross draw style?
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Galco/cover_6.jpg

PBmafia is currently constructing one for me for my rig. Just an idea.