mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

P68AT customizing?

So i have this:

And i want it to be this:

Yes i want it look like a blunderbuss, so a flared muzzle is a must.
With a side, or top spring loaded tube, and perhaps lever action (yeah i know, but hammer cocking is awfully uncomfortable.)
Sadly i have no experience at all with brass, so doing it myself is out of question..

To whom i should talk? what kind of cost ill be looking into here?
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pump player

CCM Fan
Walz or chipnstone

Featuring Death!!
MY FEEDBACK
MY YOUTUBE

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

If you do a member search it is "chplnstone", not chipnstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I understand that you have the AT to start with.....can I suggest you start with something different? Your complicating things by starting with an AT (in my opinion). Your air source comes out the back....so you now have to rework your air line to go with the stock. A stock class gun would be easier to start with.

To be honest, if you want all the things done that you need done....you just want a scratch build. For any gun to go top sprung loaded tube, that's a custom bit. You're either going to have to remove the side tube or remove the direct feed and rework on that top tube. PLUS you want the flare barrel of the blunderbuss....which I'm sure is doable, but you mid-as-well just rebarrel the thing rather than doing a crap job at attaching something on to the existing barrel.

Then you start talking about possible lever action etc. It's all do-able, but it seems easier just to have it built from the ground up.

It's going to be pricey. No matter how you go, it's going to be pricey. Ground up build is obvious, but to do everything you'd need to do to your AT would be probably similar.

As I type this my first thought is contacting chplnstone. He seems like the guy for this project. Maybe some other airsmiths could chime in. Knowing real price would be hard...let them quote it out directly.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Walz or chipnstone
Both of them do Amazing work, lots of threads with WALZ doing some amazing brass polishing and work.
Now what's a cocker?
Women are a lot like Pokemon, it doesn't matter how good you are, You cant catch any if you don't have any balls.

Ksciupider's Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by ksciupider; 05-10-2012 at 09:21 PM.
ksciupider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post
For any gun to go top sprung loaded tube, that's a custom bit. You're either going to have to remove the side tube or remove the direct feed and rework on that top tube.
Or start with a P68 SC:

Top tubed already, and 12 gram powered...

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post
I understand that you have the AT to start with.....can I suggest you start with something different? Your complicating things by starting with an AT (in my opinion). Your air source comes out the back....so you now have to rework your air line to go with the stock. A stock class gun would be easier to start with.

To be honest, if you want all the things done that you need done....you just want a scratch build. For any gun to go top sprung loaded tube, that's a custom bit. You're either going to have to remove the side tube or remove the direct feed and rework on that top tube. PLUS you want the flare barrel of the blunderbuss....which I'm sure is doable, but you mid-as-well just rebarrel the thing rather than doing a crap job at attaching something on to the existing barrel.

Then you start talking about possible lever action etc. It's all do-able, but it seems easier just to have it built from the ground up.

It's going to be pricey. No matter how you go, it's going to be pricey. Ground up build is obvious, but to do everything you'd need to do to your AT would be probably similar.

As I type this my first thought is contacting chplnstone. He seems like the guy for this project. Maybe some other airsmiths could chime in. Knowing real price would be hard...let them quote it out directly.
Hmmm, and here i was thinking that it being AT is fairly irrelevant, as the trigger group would be replaced anyway... As well as thinking that the side air port is of benefit, since id prefer to keep the air in stock...
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

You want a Robo style gun

The ramrod pushes the hammer back. The flintlock pulls the bolt back. Pull the first trigger brings the bolt back. Pull the second trigger it fires the gun.

I love this design.

Last edited by Teimusan; 05-11-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Teimusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teimusan View Post
http://www.paintballsfinest.com/images/LC.jpg

You want a Robo style gun

The ramrod pushes the hammer back. The flintlock pulls the bolt back. Pull the first trigger brings the bolt back. Pull the second trigger it fires the gun.

I love this design.
Genius. I love it
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

"What kind of cost?" he asks.

A lot would be an understatement. Depending on who does the work and all the specifics/extras it could easily get over $2000. Granted less specifics and less customized would be able to get it for cheaper, but really the sky is the limit for something like this...
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan