mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
I has a fuzzy hat

sheridan ?'s

Ok so I don't get to play much because of the price it takes to play, so I'm looking to get into SC with some old school brass,

First off is there any difference in range/accuracy with the linger barreled Sheridan's over the pistols I see alot of

Also how is the pump stroke on these, as I used to have a lb and its pump stroke was hideous

Are parts easy to get for these

And lastly what's the price range on some of these, I know the longer barreled ones go for a little more and the really long ones, like the kp2 are out if my price range, one that is spring fed would be nice as well
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I'm assuming you're talking about PGP pistols?

Barrels are the same. However there are always options. You can get wedgits. You can do the nail polish trick.

Pump stroke on any Sheridan can be modified. On PGP's the biggest problem most people have is the bearing spring is too long. There's a way to trim that spring to allow a smoother pump stroke, but still not allow blowback. You also have to make sure there's no gunk under your pump handle. I can't tell you how many markers I've taken apart that just needed the lower tube or inside of the pump handle cleaned out.

Parts.....are out there. You sometimes have to do some hunting, but they're there. I'm going to putting a sale up soon with a bunch of Sheridan brass and parts. MrBig has some parts and brass for sale right now. You have to watch for it, but there's stuff out there.

PGP's lately are going between 60-85 dollars shipped depending on finish and add-ons.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
I has a fuzzy hat

So no matter the length of the barrel they all shoot the same
Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
If you get one that is already working or needs a minor repair like a seal or o ring, once it is workkng properly they usually last ages without needing maintenance. You can get parts online and when you find then just order a few of each part, like bolt o rings, 12g seal (probably most common and something not available at hardware stores like o rings) and if you get an older one with the fixed valve bodies get some of the valve jam nut seals. Small parts are cheap and for like $10-15 you should be set on parts for years and years.

Used PGP's should be anywhere between $60-100 depending on condition and upgrades. Some longer barreled ones can be around the same price really, maybe another $15-20 depending on what they are. Anything with wood is a good bit more because of rarity and sexiness.

I have shot a lot of barrel lengths on my cocker platforms and Nelson's and never really noticed a difference in the shots unless you dropped below 6" or went above 18". The shorter barreled Sheridans are usually always more efficient if tuned properly. I havent tested a lot of barrel lengths on Sheridans personally but i imagine the same results would come from them as with standard aluminum or stainless cocker barrels i have tested. The barrel material wont change the physics.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
I has a fuzzy hat

A little more than I'm looking to spend, but looks like its time to start saving, lol

I'm planning on polishing whatever I get and just cleaning it up and making it a nice little shooter no bells or whistles, I'm going to throw on one of those crossman stocks and go play
Old 01-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

Crossmann stocks will require drilling to fit, you may be able to find a metal stock for sheridans somewhere around here.

I'd honestly just start out with a bone stock PGP and see how you like it. I've gotten price down to $7-15 a day, mostly in gas to get there. Stock class is fun.

If 12 gram prices are painful, Titus on here sell them for cheap, 450 for $164 shipped (correct me if I'm wrong)

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
I has a fuzzy hat

It doesn't take 5 min to drill 2 holes, lol

I plan on starting with a bone stock one, I just like to be able to shoulder it
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
If 12 gram prices are painful, Titus on here sell them for cheap, 450 for $164 shipped (correct me if I'm wrong)
Correct!
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan