mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-29-2006, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Question Whats the story behind my pgp?

I KNOW it's old. When I took it out of the box i could tell but the more i studied it, the older it seemed. Chris Maders Sheridan Recognition Guide doesn't go into enough detail to be really helpful... Sadly, I havn't opened it up yet so as far as I know, there could be other oddities awaiting.

First off, note the orange plastic bolt bearings. 2nd; it has the front AND rear sights. 3rd; the knurled pump of course.. 4th; the left side body stamping - not only is there a severe abence of a serial number, but in place of the "warning" notice, it says "mfg. for pmi etc.." 5th; the notches in the rear of the body for the bolt are quite diffrent - theres only one small one.

FYI - the gripframe may not be original, and I put the panels on there. The originl brown ones were pretty outta whack.

So, I guess my main question is how old is this pgp? Is it one of the first ones or somthing? and when may have that been?

Thanks!
III

Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

it's not that old since it has bearing holes. looks like a well used pgp.

i don't know about the serial number not being there. maybe, from the looks of it, it could have been sand off. i doubt thats the case though. all the other stamped lettering is clearly visible.

the orange balls are obviously something someone used instead of steel bearings.

doesn't look to be anything special about it. just a plain pgp.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Old but not very. The bearings are after market of sorts...the previous owner probably put them in. The front and rear sites were standard, the knurled pump was also added by the previous owner. The gouges near the rear of the feed tube come from set screws on a speed loader. The frame is just the standard sheridan frame.

Basically you are looking at an "older" pgp with a mix-mash of stuff that does'nt belong. The knurled pump predates that style. All the markings are normal and the absence of the serial # is normal.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneythief View Post
the knurled pump was also added by the previous owner...The knurled pump predates that style.
I disagree with that point. The knurled pump may be original, he says he replaced the brown grips with the balck ones himself. I have an original knurled pump model with brown grips and I believe the markings are the same although it isn't sitting in front of me as I type this.

I agree with everything else though, it is old, but not uber early or rare.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I think wilD is correct.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Parts box PGP probably served time as a rental then bought and made in to a personal gun. This happens all the time with PGP's Maveric's, Trracer's, OO7's, Taso's and others. It is noting more then a well used gun that should serve for another owner.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stainlessbutcher

is everyone else missing the serial number right there on the right side....53403...or is that Racine Wisconsins zip code? It seems to be stamped with a different stamp set....maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Butcher.
Stainlessbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainlessbutcher View Post
is everyone else missing the serial number right there on the right side....53403...or is that Racine Wisconsins zip code? It seems to be stamped with a different stamp set....maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Butcher.

Thats the zip code. The serial was probably sanded off long ago.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
Old 11-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stainlessbutcher

I bet if it was polished then, you would see the ripple where the serial number used to be since they left the rest of the lettering intact, they had to concentrate their sanding to the area where the SN was. That leaves a low spot that should be discernable looking down the tube side.

Butcher.
Stainlessbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

It could have been the laser etched type...which with a light sanding you can get rid of the serial without a trace.

-Jake

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan