mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #401 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G010H3R0 View Post
yea I have what you call "dont let that guy take pictures of stuff" syndrome. I take pictures of awesome markers and get mediocre shots at best. Its quite the skill
Haha, fair enough.

What barrel do you have in there?

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #402 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
seeing all the stuff o'lane has been making for tibs is really making me start to want one again. just beautiful work. as much as i love my tpx.....
Agreed. Every time I see his stuff it almost makes me forget how ungodly heavy a T8 setup would be. Almost....

But seriously, if you could have a T8's grip angle, trigger pull, and overall looks with the TPX's threaded barrel, lighter weight, and more importantly lighter mags, that might actually be a removable magazine pistol I'd shoot. Until then, I'm sticking to ten round tubes and stacked-tube blowbacks.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #403 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Agreed. Every time I see his stuff it almost makes me forget how ungodly heavy a T8 setup would be. Almost....

But seriously, if you could have a T8's grip angle, trigger pull, and overall looks with the TPX's threaded barrel, lighter weight, and more importantly lighter mags, that might actually be a removable magazine pistol I'd shoot. Until then, I'm sticking to ten round tubes and stacked-tube blowbacks.
Just wait for the tiberius airless mags, they are coming out on the 29th

MY FEEDBACK
Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #404 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Haha, fair enough.

What barrel do you have in there?
Yea Ive honed it and it seems to get better as the markers I get improve.
Im not entirely sure. From all the T8 barrels Ive had this one is by far the longest. I didnt like how the silver barrel I had only went half way into the comp. This one extends past it just a bit and makes it easier to remove. Its also milled to take FS rounds. I got it a few years ago on here, its like 9.5-9.75inches.
Ill get a ruler out if I remember later to get an exact measurement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post

Yea Im running into that issue with my TPX. I might put it up on the block soon. I just shoot it so "low" if I dont counter it with my other hand below the pistol(like akimbo does) I shoot off. It gets even worse when Im on the move.

LOL wanna talk about weight. MY T8 in its case with the mags I have is on the 40lb mark. Its becoming a pain to tote around.

The T8 is a heavy pig of a pistol, With the new comp and mag inserted its balanced right in the center of the grip. O'Lane improved on the old UMS one quite a bit in my mind. Im just loving the new setup and cant wait to take it for a proper test drive. The new sights just pop and I can sight it much more accurately and a lot quicker.

MCB FEEDBACK

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #405 (permalink)
Original SWARM

A little Agent Smith flavoring on an ACP 2.0

Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #406 (permalink)

I don't really know if this should be posted here or in the area for mod work, so I'll post it here. (By the way this is my first posting, so if I break any rules... sorry)
I always thought an MR1 by Spyder looked like a pistol and I'm too cheap to buy one, so I made my own pistol. My only two goals were to be functional, and a cheap as possible (use parts I already had). The only money spent on this was for hardware.
First I cut the feed neck down, and adapted a copper pipe T to hold an old mag from a PTEnforcer. Seems to work well. I ran the air thought an old Spyder grip, and have it coming straight out of the bottom of the grip. This allows me to use either 12 gram bucket changers or, as I have tried recently, a remote line. The barrel is a part from a barrel kit given to me by one of the managers at the local field I play at.
So what do you all think?? This is my first mod work so any constructive criticism would be appreciated.
Thanks

hhenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #407 (permalink)
Classic Collector

Doesn't look terrible. Could use some work but not bad for your first mod. should see about getting a tip on that barrel back just so it doesn't look like it is missing something. Good job nonetheless. :-)
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #408 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass and Wood Fan
Looks cool. I haven't seen many MR1 pistols, could use some clean up, but what modded marker couldn't use some cleaning?

MY FEEDBACK
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #409 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quick look it resembles Han Solo's blaster.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #410 (permalink)

super trowel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms