mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #271 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I remember seeing him post this somewhere else and I think that you are right Dun.

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!
PntBllnSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #272 (permalink)
MCB Member

I cut the mounting parts on the holster off of the holster and slip it in between the Velcro tension part stays in there nice
518ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #273 (permalink)

Below is Gunz rig that I purchased(page 21 of this thread)... But before I could even take it to the field I had to modify it.

Got rid of the 3 mag holders and got 5 mag holders suggested by ghosroth. Still might modify those with elastic straps but the mags seem like they will hold in without them. We shall see.

I want to bring this to LL5 so the back might change more to fit on some water and maybe go pistol podsas well as a Mccann 13ci tank holder for the back.

I would like to get a holster incorporated into this. The TPX will fit in the waste of the belt(left side behind mags is 2 pieces that fit it decently). If I can get a holster to work out then I will sport 2 TPXs with this rig, but without it I find reloading both to be a task. I have a Mccann leg holster but the way the strap or something is connected makes it flop around my leg like mad

Empty

7rnd tubes are way to hard to remove, will be replacing those with 10 rounders. one spot open for the barrel blocker, fits in nicely and the top elastic keeps it in nice and safe.

On the right(my left) is T8 mags. They fit, but are a little snug and might wear out the holder after extended use.

Also, all the mags in the side like that makes great arm rests!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #274 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Is the base MOLLE pack that your rig is built on also from McCann? I have to be honest, I REALLY like that whole rig, very cool and sensibly put together... How are the WTF gauntlets as far as their ability to stay put? I've always considered using something like those but previous experience with things like that always made me think they'd be slipping all over my arm or so tight that they'd be uncomfortable..
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #275 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Pistol - I can't speak for the gauntlets, but the base molle is the spec ops p3 pack

Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #276 (permalink)

Thanks Squirrel, I hadn't paid much attention to SO's more recent offerings, I had forgotten the P3 went to an all-MOLLE design..
FEEDBACK
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #277 (permalink)

Here is a review I made for the Gauntlet. I'll be typing up a little something and putting it in the reviews section later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVE0kfEal0Q
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #278 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thanks Squirrel, I hadn't paid much attention to SO's more recent offerings, I had forgotten the P3 went to an all-MOLLE design..
I think it's funny that when you see the originals talk about the p3 pack that it was designed to be all together because of all the molle platforms. Now it's all molle and exactly like everything else ... well as far as the molle is concerned. I really want it because I love the speedball type pack. It's more comfortable to me.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #279 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty_Otter View Post
Here is a review I made for the Gauntlet. I'll be typing up a little something and putting it in the reviews section later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVE0kfEal0Q
Great Review

Old 02-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #280 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PntBllnSquirrel View Post
I think it's funny that when you see the originals talk about the p3 pack that it was designed to be all together because of all the molle platforms. Now it's all molle and exactly like everything else ... well as far as the molle is concerned. I really want it because I love the speedball type pack. It's more comfortable to me.
Well the thing is, if it's all MOLLE, what's the point of calling it a P3? It's just a MOLLE belt at that point. "P3" stood for Primary Pistol Pack or something along those lines, because it was specifically engineered for pistol players. To me, it was always much too light of a rig only carrying 6 mags but that's another story in itself. Anyway I don't really have a point to this, just random thoughts before I hit the hay for a few hours before work. Carry on
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms