mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #371 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
Actually it's 16 on the pants, 8 per side, 5 in the outer pockets:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...um/pants11.jpg

Underneath each external pouch is a square pocket that holds 3 more.

These pockets on the external pouches now have velcro sewn inside each to hold stiffeners that keep them from collapsing while empty as well as letting me adjust the holding tension on each mag.
There's a vertical stripe of velcro down the outside of the inner square pockets and a horizontal stripe on the backs of the external pouches. This keeps them from flapping when I run and let's me pull them off to the side and be held for times when I'm up and down kneeling alot. Very versatile and handy, I'm glad I went that way!

You can see that inner pocket under the edge of the external pouches in this pic:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...ium/pants3.jpg

I use the Emdom 6o4 pouches on my belt, these stack 2 per pouch:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...m/DCP_3339.JPG

so 12 on the belt, 2 in the pistols and 16 on the pants for 30 total! For times when I'm not running on the Mercenary missions, but just big gaming I can carry a shoulder medic bag that holds 4 pistolpods to reload 28 mags.

For small games I can pull the stiffeners(not shown in these pics) out of the external pouches and simply tuck the whole external pouch out of the way into the square inner pocket. The kneepads are awesome, they go from seam to seam, I haven't been able to miss them coming down, even trying on purpose! All in all awesome pants, 12oz canvas with cordura knee pockets.

Rob
ahhh I was going to say damn that's a lot of mags in them pouches. Still a great setup.

I plan on having 6 mags on each leg and then as many as I can fit on my belt with 2 holsters and 4 pursuit pods.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #372 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I must admitt that for pistols , yall are strapped down for the long haul & ball slinging

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!
PntBllnSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #373 (permalink)
Post Whore

I always say if you want to roll at Hell Survivors, you better bring your A game.
It's a great place to play pistol on the one hand because of the great reffing corps, but on the other hand there's so many old timers that everyone is wise to the game.
Noone underestimates or overlooks a pistol player there, quite the opposite.

They don't see too many pistol players, but when they do it's myself, the Armorsquad guys, the Delta Ops guys, players like Weltman and the Damage Inc empire, or visitors at the big games who trust their short gear enough to roll with it anywhere.
You may be facing a player in his first game, but it's almost a sure bet there'll be 100 years of experience within 50yds of him. They may be using EGO11s and dressed in speedball gear, but there are plenty of Mercs that have pistols too and have had for years.

I've given them over 30days a year of exposure since 00 just myself, for a long time before then I played a lot of outlaw and only showed for the Monster Game.

If you can't hold in a few people at a time for a bit, you're doomed. Year before last, Team Avalanche gave a seminar on the speedball side on saturday. On sunday they showed up and played 6 village games in a row with us open players plus the Mercs. Big fun and a big paint bill, I shot a bag of 500 in 6 15min games, with my OLD rig of a zeus and a T8. You just never know what you'll have to pull off next. I determined a long time ago that there wasn't any reason to back off from anybody or anything just because I use pistols, so I don't.
So while I would never deny that's a lot of mags, I would say it's a decent amount for where I play, but nowhere near overdoing it.

Crimson Death,
One thing I've found with the TPX mags is that if they're shaken too hard they'll lose paint. I was using my Smokin' pants:

and found because the elastic wasn't full length, it let them slap against my thigh. It wasn't unusual to pull a mag and find 4 or 5 in it instead of 7. After a few tries, I used them as dump space instead. Putting the mags up higher near the waist reduced the shaking they take considerably. I've had no problem with my new setup in this respect.

If I were doing leg loops, I would make it so the mag passed through 1 loop and down into an elastic cup or another loop.

Those Emdom pouches give the highest mag count per inch of belt.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #374 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I'll have to get some pictures of the tester rig I used sunday.

A belt and H-harness suspenders, moved the DLG leg rip to my chest, diagonally from one shoulder to the opposite hip, a tac8 in the small of my back and another under my left armpit.

Also this will allow me to sport a kilt again since the weather is getting hot!

Pretty fun rig. It definitely gave my some ideas for a future rig or two.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #375 (permalink)
Post Whore

Dundadun,
I know someone was making PB kilts, but I ALMOST went for this style pouches on the Glasgow kilt that Blaklader also makes!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #376 (permalink)

Interesting new kilt from 5.11. Tactical duty kilt (TDK).
daedrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #377 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I love the fact that kilts are becoming so popular.
I might just have to pick one up ^}

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!
PntBllnSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #378 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
oooh havn't actually been looking into kilts that are pball specific yet. Just been wanting to get the leg straps off so I can enjoy my others again. Stillwater had some nice tartan ones for only 30 that i don't worry about ruining.

But might have to find some like that AS with the high pouches for mags so they don't bounce as much.

edit: looking at the website, they don't mention if it's measured at the hips like pants or at the belly button like kilts...not sure what size to look for.

Last edited by dundadun; 04-03-2012 at 10:24 PM.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #379 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm thinking about running my TPX on a remote. What kind of molle pouch do you guys recommend for holding a 3.5oz tank?

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #380 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

50 round pod pouch works really well for me.

Mine is a 4oz btw, but I doubt there is that much of a difference

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms