mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
On the topic of pursuit pods, has anyone modified one to work with phantom style feedgates? The lack of a lip to push through the gate fingers makes it a deal breaker for any gun that doesn't use a feed plug (many SC pumps). It's too bad since it's such a neat design. I love the simplicity, no drop pouches or empties to organize, just one or two pods on a belt.

Agentsmith , do you have a hard time rotating the collar after each reload? I would probably forget and have an "OH SH*T" moment haha.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
On the topic of pursuit pods, has anyone modified one to work with phantom style feedgates? The lack of a lip to push through the gate fingers makes it a deal breaker for any gun that doesn't use a feed plug (many SC pumps). It's too bad since it's such a neat design. I love the simplicity, no drop pouches or empties to organize, just one or two pods on a belt.

Agentsmith , do you have a hard time rotating the collar after each reload? I would probably forget and have an "OH SH*T" moment haha.
It looks to me like you could simply epoxy about an inch from the top of a ten round tube onto the top of the pod if that's what you need to do... I don't see why that wouldn't work.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post

I have not tried it, but I suspect PistolRogue's idea is probably workable. The lever that opens the feedhole is to the side of the hole itself and shouldn't be blocked by glueing a piece of tube on there.

I'm pretty rough on my pods and found after a year of dropping them and tossing them that the lids were capable of popping open on me, so I simply glued around the rim where it flips open(avoiding where it spins) and sealed up the top.

I load them through the tight cap on the bottom, this has a ring inside the cap that matches grooves in the bottom of the pod:

So it should also be possible to mount a capped piece of tube for feedgates on the bottom, leaving the top normal.

On turning it, it's a matter of routine. I leave the gate open over the empty chamber after I load one and simply spin it as I pull it. So the only time I mess with the closing gate of the pod is the very first load.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Hmmm interesting, Thanks!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms