mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Delta.68 failure to re-cock

Hey guys, a friend of mine is sending his old Delta.68 to take a look at, as it's not recocking properly after firing. He says the piercing pin seems to be fine, as it's not leaking, but the velocity is very low.

Having not seen it yet, I'm not sure what to suggest, so I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers so I can think about what I might need before it gets to me.
Apparently, it's been spraypainted and some of that's got on the bolt (he, uh...didn't disassemble it ) so that could be the problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

First make sure the velocity adjuster isn't in too far. Some drive springs are stiff enough that you can actually mash the adjuster past the point where it increases velocity and actually starts to drop it again. The increased resistance can also cause a failure to recock.

If that's not the problem, FTR issues on STBB guns are almost always either a damaged/too stiff mainspring, a bad hammer o-ring, or a worn hammer/worn sear. In some cases can also be a sear spring that is too weak.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Great, thanks. I'll bear that in mind!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Ok, so I got it today. Seems the main problem was it just needed a bit of TLC;
Replaced the hammer o-ring and give it some lube and it seems to be working "ok" - however, the recoil pad is absolutely battered.
It's currently getting about 20 shots from a 12g, and not much over. Could it be the pad that's causing this?

Apart from the spraypaint all over the internals (I mean, really ), I can't see anything else that could be causing the issue.
I'm going to give him a little lecture on taking care of his marker when he gets it back...
Old 11-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

no it's not the pad.

you just have to tune the gun. try to polish the internals, i bet the spray paint on moving parts is slowing them down.

but i don't remember mine being very efficient anyway.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

20 shots on a blowback pistol with a huge fixed bore is about normal...high side of normal, actually.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

20 is around the average for an unmodified gun. Look up AgentSmith's thread on zeus-type spring tuning for help on getting the shot count higher. Other than that, polish the hammer, flexhone the lower tube, and that's about all you can do, really. That's part of why I mostly run my Zeus on a remote line- the fixed bore makes getting a decent shot count tough, and there are lots of other reasons why 12g's suck lol.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
That's great, cheers guys!
I'll point him in the direction of some of those mod posts when I see him at the weekend. Glad to know it's somewhere near ok now, I'll try give those parts an extra polish before I finish up.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I can squeeze 25 normal play shots before the velocity drops on my 68's and tuned to 250-260fps) ... but they are far from stock, if I get all gangsta it'll drop to an even 20, I can eek out 30 if I play like a pump, but the last few are close range only and low velocity.
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Wolfman, if you want you can borrow my flexhone. I can bring it to the next YPC walkon your at?
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms