mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Zeta mag maintenance (spring troubleshooting and release mod)

ULTRA FAST UPDATE!!

Post #3 has the email response and a quick mod along with the spring troubleshooting video that Stark's support team and Wash provided. Thanks to those involved it was a quick fix. I was about to tear it apart when my email alert went off, so I checked here and my email and vσila, fixed.

----------------------

So, one of my zeta mags decided do screw up on me. Using the given rod, I applied enough pressure to lock the follower down. I didn't notice any negative feedback from the spring. Now it locked up on me. I can see the spring has somehow tangled itself.

Wanted to pick the mcb brain just before I contact their support. I'd like to solve this without sending it in, which I think shouldn't be necessary since it screws apart. Have any of you experienced this or managed to dis-assemble one of the mags? Thanks all.

Pic related:

-Jon

Last edited by Donut SD; 07-17-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
So, one of my zeta mags decided do screw up on me. Using the given rod, I applied enough pressure to lock the follower down. I didn't notice any negative feedback from the spring. Now it locked up on me. I can see the spring has somehow tangled itself.

Wanted to pick the mcb brain just before I contact their support. I'd like to solve this without sending it in, which I think shouldn't be necessary since it screws apart. Have any of you experienced this or managed to dis-assemble one of the mags? Thanks all.

Pic related:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps6e193a22.jpg

-Jon
Check this out

ZetaMag Support - Correcting a Jammed Spring - YouTube

Last edited by Wash; 07-17-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Lol thanks. Support just sent me that and it helped a lot. No joke, those springs are picky and need some gentle lovin'. My mag is up and running again. Thanks Wash, and thanks to the Stark support team.

EDIT: here's the email -

Quote:
We do not recommend taking the ZetaMag apart. It has a lot of parts under tension and you will not be able to get it back together, if you do so. We do however have a couple service videos, that will be able to help you. The first video is to service your spring and the second is a Quick Mod Follower release video, both will be of service to you. Thank you for your time and let us know if you need any more help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kif-16PrLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJqwgGPw_g

Stark Pursuit Support Department
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 9:00am-800pm EST

Last edited by Donut SD; 07-17-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms