mcarterbrown.com

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Delta 68 not recocking.

So, my brothers workhorse Delta 68 decided this winter to retire apparently.

So far as i can figure, the problem first arose the instant i tried to use an HPA tank through a dummy 12g. Before that attempt, it was functioning 100%.

Currently it will only recock if there is a ball in the chamber, and is shooting above 270fps. That stops in short order as soon as the pressure drops just a little bit. It then requires a manual recocking between each shot.

I've swapped internals from my Delta into his and everything is works. So its somehow his components. All the parts looked fine visually (compared to mine). Neither set has new o-rings, so that may be a fix (but again, looks exactly the same condition as my working set). Can't think of where to get striker o-rings for Delta though.

Any help would be much obliged. (i just want the old girl back up and running)
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The striker orings should just be a bottle oring. The most likely victim is the springs, i'd try it with his parts and your good springs, it should work.

Hope that helps!
Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Sounds like a springing issue to me as well, but also check the part of the hammer the sear catches on, it could be rounded off and fail to catch at speed but still catch when being manually cocked. Sometimes it can be brought back with a file but most times it means you just need to outright replace the hammer.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

A longshot possibility could also be the seal under the little sideplate. This diverts gas to recock the pistol, the seal could be ripped.

Rob

Old 03-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Update.

Not sear catch. (also random factoid, '32 Degrees Icon-E' striker is identical to Delta's) Usually bad sear catch results in more of a long-fart, not a plain inability to bring the stiker back even have a chance to catch the sear.

Not drive spring. My parts work fine in his gun, and fine in mine. Swithed the spring to no effect.

Not striker o-ring. I replaced it with a spare tank o-ring i had (albeit a bit older since the last time i bought tank o-rings was years ago), still no joy.

Still refuses to recock once velocity drops below 260-270. Which running 12g's doesn't take long.

I've swapped individually every component so far; valve-pin, stiker, bolt, drive spring. my last test with it was still the same, started out (with velocity all the way up) 285-290, then within 4 shots drops below 270 and stops recocking. After a total of 12 shots (last test used a crappy brass eagle 12g) it de-gassed itself. But when i swap everything it works 100% like it should, and if i put his parts in my Delta, mine has the same symptoms.

Side plate? On the Delta, the only 'side plate' is covering the section where it ports the air to under the bolt to propel the ball. And that seal is just fine (i checked for the sake of checking)

The air source for the lower tube (recocking striker) is a slit (flat spot) on the side of the valve pin. (which even when i switch that still no joy)

Last edited by panhead4411; 03-18-2014 at 01:33 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Spring on the sear in the gripframe maybe? that's a toughie!

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms