mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:39 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando kyle View Post
agentSmith, do you have any information on the 9 ci tanks?
Thats what I was thinking.
Heebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Tesko Send a message via MSN to Tesko

Well, I have a Tiberius and have always loved em (the accuracy and cool factor do it for me), that Miltec G2 is bad ***! Makes it very tempting to switch over.
Tesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well Tesko,
I had to remove some big pieces of the gun to get it to load like that, but I sure love it.

Heebs and CommandoKyle,
We discussed it here:
sweetest little HPA tank ever!

Basically, the 8.5, 13 and 22cis are all spare air tanks for scuba. This is the 8.5ci/3000:

I'd hoped Wevo or someone would have tried a buy on these by now, but the tank with nothing else can be bought from spare air as a part for $120, bear in mind this is 3 times what just a 13ci bare tank from Wevo would cost you. If these were bought in bulk like the 13cis the price would be competitive, but the novelty of having that small an HPA might be worth it.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:09 AM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Cute little tank but cant justify that kind of cost with 3.5 oz tanks and 13 ci tanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Neither can I or you'd see one hanging under the barrel of my g2 like this:

My winters are pretty well spoken for these days with dog stuff, but if I played as much snowball as I used to it would be worth it.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #36 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohri View Post
USP by PMI are my Personal favorite. Again, Slow, but the gun itself is The lightest of all the Semi pistols. And for the cost of a High end pistol, You could carry four of these things, and just play Pirate style.
Lighter than a SideKick Semi?

My pistol collection right now is: Splatmaster x2, Rapide, 3357 x2, SideKick Semi (cut down to Short), T8, and some PPS goodness en route. T8 is by far what I've found easiest to play with thus far, with 5 mags and 10 8-round tubes sufficient for most game lengths as a primary marker. It's quite efficient, reasonably quiet, and also surprisingly accurate; I haven't found any significant range disadvantage vs full sized markers (excepting Flatline/Apex rigs). My only complaint is I find the balance makes it a little tricky to shoot on the run, however being very grip heavy is nice for stationary shots behind cover. I'm interested to see how it compares to the PPS side which are pretty front/top heavy with all the brass and the lighter frames. T8 is a tad heavy in a leg holster for a backup, but not excessively slow. Depending on how often you think you'll pull it it's probably better to go with one of the lighter, cheaper pistols.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

I LOVE my PGP. The only gun I will never sell. 10 rounds does me fine, and I'm okay with having to pump it. Never held a Tac8, but think they're purdy...

My PGP is very accurate after a PPS performance tune, and with 35 shots off a 12ie, I don't even have a faast change on it. Semi would make it sweeter, but I just love the feel of hefty old brass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
But what it all comes down to is if your having fun. If your not having fun playing against people using full auto with a pump, then switch to a semi; fun is the only thing that really matters in paintball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
rub their little faces right in their own piss while yelling NO NO NO as loud as you can while smacking them on the back of the head.
spawnsharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #38 (permalink)

Great thread. Thanks guys. Always a pleasure reading your opinions.

So I'm fairly certain I will get a Tac 8. The question now remains, is there really an advantage to carrying two of them, or even a 2nd pistol like a miltec, versus spending money on more mags? It seems you can reload so quickly is a second gun really worth it considering you can buy 5 mags for the price of it? Ultimately, while I know running with two guns John Woo style is badass, is it really helpful to have that option as far as game play goes? I'd be interested in speed and woodsball situations.

My feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post245068

My eBay ID: kanal666
Carl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

You really have to think about the practicality of having two pistols. Sure it looks cool but can you actually hit anything with 2 pistols? I'd rather spend the cash on mags, You'd be looking at getting 5-6 more mags with the cash of a 2nd Tag8.

The only point of having a 2nd pistol for me would be to have something on hand to use in a pinch while I reload my main.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

That's what I figured. And how many times has that happened for you, the "crap I wish I had a 2nd gun right now" moment? I guess that's the informal poll I'm starting, lol

My feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post245068

My eBay ID: kanal666
Carl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms