mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Smart Parts / GOG (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/smart-parts-gog/)
-   -   so im gonna build an ion, i dono why (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/smart-parts-gog/230533-so-im-gonna-build-ion-i-dono-why.html)

pump 04-04-2013 12:03 AM

so im gonna build an ion, i dono why

but i got a stage 5 body and since im fixing a million ions at the shop i work at im thinking sure?

Frame: i could probably use a non Ion frame as long as i can make an adapter plate for the screws or find a good ion frame

Can i use any openbolt board if i can find a MAC noid or any other noid that can run that high?

What bolt was the most efficient?
that nano with that spring thingy looks interesting
im also thinking about making my own bolt that would seal before the last 60psi is wasted

and i might try and run the airline through the grip frame since its just a hose, anyone try this before?

Ziggymarley 08-27-2013 06:04 PM

sorry, i hit POST....stupid fingers.

someasianballer 08-27-2013 06:11 PM

what im hearing the combination of the tech t bolt and qev is suppose to be awesome..but as long as you have a qev you will be ok

btw have you come across anyboards that are eaiser to set to psp 12? besides virtue..have a black heart but it is a pain to set up

super_stanchy 08-27-2013 06:21 PM

virtue is easy to program.

it really is.

i love the level 7 bolt and sp 360 qev combo, they are GREAT

i saw a guy on pbn post up a dm framed ion, it was pretty sweet lookin

here is the last version of my ion i built....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...91155538_o.jpg

flipping between semi and psp is literally a 15 second job
turn off
hold trigger, turn on
rainbow flash
hold trigger down on purple (modes)
let it flash (# = mode)
pull trigger x times (# = mode) 1 is semi, 2 is psp ramp
rainbow flash
turn off
turn on

punisher068 08-28-2013 02:19 PM

I recommended Virtue boards also,if you use a Virtue OLED board there's a plug the goes from the board to the mood instead of being solder.You can then run a MAC noid off of it.
The TechT L7 bolt is my preferred electro bolt,if you can find a L6 it's even better but theyve been discontinued for awhile.Dethwish/Yoda make a few good bolts including a closed bolt mod.QEVs will add efficiency and lower kick,the easiest to install are the SP 360s
I've also run an Empire Relay the like SSC above,it rivals my Palmer ULP Fatties and AKA regs I usually run.
You may be surprised at the performance of Ions when modding and tuning them.Try and get a BOB body or use an Ion XE for easy maintenance

PistolRogue 08-29-2013 05:07 AM

The L7 is a great option with a very easy installation and great performance. Another option though would be the Deadlywind Hollow Point which will perform a little better but has a slightly more complicated install. The HP also doesn't need a QEV to achieve peak performance. All a matter of taste, I have more experience with the L7 but will be running an HP on my next build as it has a better flow path than the L7 and should be able to get better efficiency.

I've only ever used Virtue or APE boards in my Ions and frankly even though APE had more features the required keypad was a serious weakness and needed to be replaced often. Not even sure if they still make Ion boards, so I'd recommend virtue there for obvious reasons.

Grips and bodies come down to personal taste so I won't even bother making a recommendation there. For a trigger, hands down Critical's is the best I've ever used on any gun. The reversed magnet return is supremely smooth and it has lots of adjustability.

pump 08-31-2013 06:57 AM

heres what i got guys Project Ion - Imgur
i dono if its worth it, but right now no time

stanchy, that ego framed one is sick i got an extra star frame BNIB i might wanna use if its not too hard to use that AXE reg and put on a foregrip
and if i do that id run an Asco if it can handle the psi

i been watching that Titanium Ion vid doing 16 pods so im amped

these things are so damn simple i wish i jumped on them when they came out

super_stanchy 08-31-2013 08:36 AM

Relays are too fat for pe frames

I wouldn't do it again.....

pump 08-31-2013 07:45 PM

good to know, i guess ill have to run a long hose from reg to noid if i want to do a foregrip extender

dano_____ 09-01-2013 01:20 AM

I am surprised no one has mentioned the deadly wind hollow point bolt. I had one of those on my old ion and it was awesome. It made the ion much more efficient and the bolt is so light you didn't actually new a qev with it. I also liked the sound signature it had. I would get a virtue board or if you want to use a standard noid get ahold of deathwish on here. He has the lucky board kits still for sale I bet. That gives you some added flexibility to the frame type you use. Just my $.02.