mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
New NME owner has questions for NME vets...

Just got my NME today off ebay. It was "used" but looked like it has never been aired up.
Some of these questions are easy to answer on google, but I'm looking for the MCB answers not the company line.

1. I was shooting it with Co2 today and the HPR vented after each shot. Is this normal or a reaction to too much pressure coming into the marker?.

2. How is the oring ware in the HPR using co2? My azodin pump RIPS through HPR orings running Co2, and I'm really hoping thats not the case with the NME because a big part of my reason for grabbing one is the ability to shoot a light semi using co2 (which is all a few local fields fill, and all you can find in the local shops).

3. Is The asa mount standard, I kinda hate the plastic asa it comes with.

4. Why is it so much bigger then the Ion? jw.

5. Any upgrades show a real performance increase aside from efficiency? Any way to mount a standard reg (palmers stab)?

6. Anyone had durability issues?

7. Anyone else would be down to pay at least 250-400 for a "higher end" version of this marker? I'm not sayin it has to be super fancy milling or anything, just a aluminum marker with an aluminum grip frame, standard regulator adaptor (maybe even a real nice co2 friendly reg), on/off asa, countered grip frame/trigger. Like I love this marker, I'm tryna buy another few maybe, but I would love to see a higher quality version with the same operation. I mean I guess it's simple and not "high end" method of operation, but i'm sure I'm not the only one who feels it might be one of the easiest mechs to play with (not dissin cockers, just not a cocker guy). Like it seems super reliable/easy to fix. Shoots fast enough for any woods/rec situation, and is by far the lightest mech i've ever held. Seems like even just an DW-Ion style body with aluminum trigger frame (like a Punisher NME) for like 300 would sell really well. Anyone else feel the same?

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Radical!

You mean the Enmey?

1. Reg is designed to vent excess pressure. May want to get your co2 tank anti-siphoned, and make sure it lines up with whatever asa you use, whether you keep using the stock asa or upgrade to something better, like an on/off (the curved anti-siphon tube inside the tank needs to point up, and not all asa threading is lined up the same).

2. liquid co2 is usually the culprit of o-ring wear. Again, anti-siphoning the tank helps. I haven't heard of issues, but most folks i've known to use the Enmey use air.

3. It is standard, but the threads in the frame are just nuts held in slots that can be accessed by removing the grips. They're deep in there so screws need to be a little longer, but not too long - with a CP Mini Direct Mount, i needed 1 1/4" long screws (standard screw threads, 10-32).

4. The original Ion has a slightly slimmer body because it didn't accommodate a backcap (2/3 of the backcap went into the body), and the feedneck threaded directly into the body. The Enmey is about the same size as the Ion XE, being a little fatter to allow for the backcap, and the feedneck threads into the shell, not the body, making it slightly taller. I've got a side-by-side comparison in the reviews section (enmey & mech ion xe), but the thread is buried and i don't think i'm subscribed to it anymore. I might dig it up or just post the pic here.

5. Only upgrades so far don't do much aside from conform to personal preference or aid efficiency. Well, detents can be upgraded if you wear out the stock rubber nubs (any ion detents should work). Standard regs work fine, just unscrew the stock reg and screw on your reg of choice.

6. Used mine a few times, and i've loaned it out a couple times. Not broken yet.

7. I like the price as it stands now. Any higher and it would defeat the purpose of having an affordable mech. I fear a higher price would just make blowbacks the mechs of choice again, and this really needs to be the mech of choice in that price range. That being said, there are probably a few members here that would opt for an aluminum frame & trigger.

Last edited by nerdcore; 05-14-2013 at 10:26 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

If you want higher end, buy the Envy. Same gun just an electro.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Well, the whole point is that I like the NME for being a mech, it's not like I LOVED my old ion. I just love having a nice mech, there are not many similar alternatives.

Nerdcore - I HATE gog's little capital letters thing, i've found it easier to write Nme lol, which I do realize was a System X marker.

Co2 is such a pain in the ***, sadly it's so much easier to find fills for around here then HPA. An anti-siphon is a must, and perhaps a more CO2 friendly regulator as well.

Good to know I can just screw in a Palmers, I kept hearing diff things about the reg honestly.

I don't want them to stop selling the eme at the current price, just to put out another version thats nice as well. People still spend a lot on nice mags, some would pay for a nicer mech I feel. But id never want it to replace the nme.

Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689

Last edited by 99BPS; 05-14-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I just picked up used lapco misim Ion body.
And need to get the Enmey powertube bteach threaded for an Ion feedneck.
The Enmey powertube fits inside an XE body.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I'm just shooting a version with out the body shell. I even have a feed on the tube. It was easy to do. Didn't even thread the body tube.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sanity Impaired

I just picked one up recently. I swapped out the stock bolt for a Redz Ion bolt I had in my SP-1. Its seems to have reduced the slight kick from the marker cycling to almost nothing. I tossed the stock barrel in my gear bag. I am going to use a old Invert carbon fiber barrel with a TechT Ifit barrel kit. This combo makes the marker even lighter and quieter than it already was. Basically just the chuffing of the marker cycling.

Marker is weighing in at about the 5-6lb range with this setup plus a 50/4500 hpa tank and a Valken Vmax loader(this is an estimate need to put it on a scale)

Its going to get put through its paces this weekend at Living Legends unless I can get my pump off the work bench. If it survives that I may buy another

Dutch Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
it will survive. things a beast.

Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG