mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

I did get a freak back and my velocity jumped almost 50fps. Consistency and accuracy dramatically improved. The paint was .679 and I under board to.677. I very badly want to put a CP on/off ASA on it, thinking I'll add some detents to that order.

I'm also running a Halo2 with a Ninja 68cu carbon fiber. I didn't notice the recoil, it didn't have a kick or anything close to a blowback like the Spyders and Tippmanns. No trouble shooting a rope of paint in a nice straight line. The trigger has a sort of sweet spot, that once you find you can really let loose. I would guess the trigger screw mod gets rid of the extra travel and helps you stay in it.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
I shoot mags my sister shoots the eNMEy. My RT ULE Custome is better in pretty much every way except sound. The sound signature of the eNMEy is astoundingly quite. The mag is far faster the trigger pull is snappier. The level ten bolt is softer and it is has a higher quality finish and feel. Shoot quality they feel similare.

All that being said the Mag is not to many worth the $300 premium over the eNMEy when on field they preform similarly. Myself I simply put like the feel of my Mags and won't be selling any off and replacing with the eNMEy.

It's a bit like comparing a Empire sniper vs a CCM T2. The empire is pretty much as good on feild as the CCM with very little separating them Perfomance wise. To many the $$$ premium for the CCM does not seem worth it for its slightly better ergo's or feel/tiny performance adv. But to others CCM the only option.
It doesn't matter to some people, but you also don't mention efficiency. Any Lvl10 Mag I ever shot was lucky to get 4 pods and a hopper out of a 68/4500. My eNMEy easily gets that much out of a 48/4500.

Not to knock on Mag's, I did really like mine. Clearly, they are going to feel more solid and better built than the eNMEy. Metal vs. plastic will almost always have that outcome. Mags may even be more reliable over the very long haul, BUT, when you DO have to fix something internal, I can guarantee the eNMEy is much simpler to understand than the insides of a Lvl10 bolt and an X-valve.

I'd have to disagree with you on trigger pull, at least if we're talking R/T setups and not ULT. The eNMEy has a lighter trigger pull hands down from any RT Mag I've shot. That, combined with the lighter overall weight, and the ability to use a smaller lighter tank are the reasons why I use an eNMEy now instead of a Mag.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
ur my sister

Anyone try their enemy with a 13ci tank? Wanting to run mine with a winchester and 2-3 extra 50 round pods. Trying to keep it light and keep paint usage down.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
On the detent subject (in case you haven't seen it in other places), here is a pic of my stock ones when I removed them.

Two inside ones are the old ones and two outside ones are the new stock ones.

You can see the issue with the stock ones. Again this is only maybe about 2 cases through those detents. With those old detents I was getting barrel breaks often. Not ever single shot was a break but quite a few. Don't know if my detents were a fluke but if you have a barrel kit and still getting barrel breaks I'd highly suggest checking your detents.

On the subject of the Enmey vs Mag. I've never owned a mag but have shot a couple. All had level 10 bolts. While the mag is definitely constructed better in terms of quality parts it is heavier for sure. Pretty much all the weight of a Enmey, the weight comes from the firing can as the body, frame, feed neck are plastic. Some view this as cheap and what nothing to do with it. I will say most plastic pieces are fine on the enmey, the only issue I have with any plastic parts is the feed neck. Mainly the cheap screws they used for the clamping bits. Which is either fixed by buying a new feed neck (<$20) or by going the route I did and took a trip to a hardwaee store to buy higher quality screws that won't strip. I've had little issues with anything I've owned being made of polymer minus a back cap on a 2009(ish) PMR. I don't second guess the strength of the marker at all. And if something were to fail and GoG won't replace it, it should be a lot cheaper than metal to replace.

For efficiency, the Enmey wins from every test I've seen with a mag. Again I've never shot a mag enough to determine shots per fill but I'm strictly going off of other tests. I've been able to shoot a full Halo and 3 pods off of a 45/45 before with my Enmey and still had enough air for another pod, pod and a half.

There is a larger market for aftermarket parts for a mag though should you choose to upgrade. I see a few company's coming out with Enmey upgrades but if they do it will take some time. To me the only thing an Enmey requires is a set of detents, better barrel, better feed neck screws, and an on/off if you wish have adjustability. I do think its easier to get barrels for an Enmey as well as diagnose what is causing issues/maintain compared to a mag.

But then it comes to price. A brand new RT mag cost about $400(?) If I remember correctly. You can purchase a Enmey for $130, detents for $20, on/off for $35, 3 CP one pieces for $90 and that equals up to $275. Still cheaper than a RT mag but not as fast, well made. With that price difference I can play twice before I even purchased an RT mag.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
Anyone try their enemy with a 13ci tank? Wanting to run mine with a winchester and 2-3 extra 50 round pods. Trying to keep it light and keep paint usage down.
I run mine with a 13ci, get about 120-130 shots but that's stock enmey no upgrades.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
I run mine with a 13ci, get about 120-130 shots but that's stock enmey no upgrades.

That's not bad, I may have to give that a try!
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #27 (permalink)

My sisters eNMEy gets a halo and three pods on a 50/4500. My Rt mag seems to get the same with a 56ci tank. So efficiency wise they seem pretty equal. That being said I run mine normally with a 77ci tank for comfort.

The eNMEy is a great gun especially at the price I not taking away from that. Weight wise the eNMEy is a tad lighter (but not as well balanced). And it's Far Far quieter.

Like I said its much like a Sniper vs a CCM. The sniper in many ways performs on par with the CCM. But the quality of the CCM is enuff for many to pay the premium to buy it over the sniper.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
PHD

Is there a want for aluminum bodies/trigger frames for the enemy? I can understand the mag market but are enemy owners willing to spend the extra money for cosmetic upgrades?
PumpHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpHaus View Post
Is there a want for aluminum bodies/trigger frames for the enemy? I can understand the mag market but are enemy owners willing to spend the extra money for cosmetic upgrades?
I for one would be very interested, but I can't really say anything for others. A nicely milled metal body with provisions for a metal feedneck (ego style would probably make the most sense) would be highest on the list, IMO. I would, however, be lying if I didn't think an aluminum frame with a roller bearing trigger would be awesome.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
High 4 Crew

I was planning on putting my son on a phantom this November but I believe I am reconsidering that decision and put him on a eNMEy.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG