mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #4981 (permalink)
TomCross

Cool

Check out my mean battle wound.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #4982 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I got one to, just not as bad.
RTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #4983 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

Yeah UPF is down. Arghgh, I wish I would have gone. So what did you guys end up shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #4984 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKA View Post
So what did you guys end up shooting?
My bet is on paintballs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #4985 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Anyone doing anything over the Thanksgiving Day weekend?

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #4986 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
My bet is on paintballs.
Ahahahahaha.

Actually, my sniper was getting weird spikes. I would be at 246, 251, 253, 338!

I prob need to rebuild the reg I have no idea what would cause the spikes, the allstar was nice. So I ended up shooting the Phenom.

Zondo, Tom and I were tossing around the idea of hitting OCP at the end of the month or early next month.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #4987 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi x13x View Post
I wish we caught back up with that guy before the end of the game. I know he was shooting hot. At least it was mostly kept in check, you can't catch all of the cheaters at bigger games...

We know who to look for now should we see him again.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #4988 (permalink)
Verbing through life

UPF was an experiment in trying to organize a group of paintballers similar to the group that I played with in Portland, OR. There were many people who understood that vision and a few that were willing to put an effort in to make that happen.To those few, I do thank you.

Others didn't share that vision or just don't care, but since it was brought to my attention that they are an integral part of the pump scene, this wouldn't have worked without their support.

I'm not about to come into an already established group and tear it apart because that's not what being "United" is all about. There are 3 issues that stand out in my mind that tell me this whole thing isn't going to work out the way I had hoped but I don't want to get into specifics because I don't want to call anybody out.

One generality I will point out is that at the meet I took pictures, the whole day was divided into 2 "teams." Los Pumps vs everyone else. Not only did the game play stay the same without switching up teams, the area was divided off the field and it seemed no different than playing in a walkon game. Where's the fun and friendship in that?

I'm married, have a full time job, am about to buy a house (and with my budget will definitely need to be fixed up) and will be starting up my photography business during my weekends in 2011. Even with all that I was willing to put time and money into this to promote the scene that way I know it can be done. I can see that it's not going to happen so instead of pushing for change and possibly creating rifts in the already established group, I am bowing out.

My heart was in the right place and I thank those who were willing to try.

All the best.
-Brandon
Verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #4989 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verb View Post

I'm married, have a full time job, am about to buy a house (and with my budget will definitely need to be fixed up) and will be starting up my photography business during my weekends in 2011. Even with all that I was willing to put time and money into this to promote the scene that way I know it can be done. I can see that it's not going to happen so instead of pushing for change and possibly creating rifts in the already established group, I am bowing out.
Wow, that's a lot to take on in a year! Good luck, Brandon. I hope you aren't going to be a stranger, I'd still like to meet you one of these days.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #4990 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I appreciate and understand the meaning and interest in the UPF, and I feel your pain. I ran and started the FPPL for two years, and eventually the "experiment" went down the drain. Pump paintball in Florida goes in cycles, and unfortunately right now it is in the downward part of the cycle. At pump meets from 2007-2009 it wasn't uncommon to get 40+ people per event, with almost 60 people at one. Now granted, they weren't monthly; normally every three months, but it was still on the scale of epic. As much as I wanted the FPPL to keep going and the large pump meets to keep happening, the interest stopped and the core group of players moved on to other things. I even was talking about this to a couple of the guys who got there before you did Brandon. For almost two years, people turned to me to organize everything, put things together, etc. And after two years, when it went away, I was completely bummed. That's why I am a lurker; my energy has been sapped.

I'm glad the small group has remained united, and I highly doubt the UPF site would cause division any further. At any given event you're going to have about 2/3 of the people there who post and know about what's going on, and then a 1/3 that show up by word of mouth. UPF was far from a failure, just still in it's infancy.

I'd really like to point one thing out about the "division" at the last meet. It was purely based on shade and laziness, which was easily noticed by most everyone sitting in the sun. We sat under the canopy to be in the shade, and most everyone who was sitting out over by the field said at some point,"We should have put our gear under there with you guys!" Which was always followed with a,"Why don't you guys move your stuff over here with us?" And through out the day, it was brought up more than once about switching teams up before the start of several games. For whatever reason, it just never happened.

I truly hope you don't feel dejected to the point of not participating in events coming up. Keep trying; I know I wish there was still enough support to run the FPPL but even though there isn't I still want pump to stay alive in Florida.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast