mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #9601 (permalink)
TomCross

Hey guys, just took some new product photos. I went to lowes and spent $15 on a piece of plexi glass(that **** is real expensive) and a clamping pan light. Next project is making those "Stick-in-a-can's" right josh? I just got my prepaid mail-in rebate visa card from Staples, bhphoto.com here I come!

Here's my ghetto setup

Last edited by TomCross; 01-22-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #9602 (permalink)
I've been around

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCross View Post
Hey guys, just took some new product photos. I went to lowes and spent $15 on a piece of plexi glass(that **** is real expensive) and a clamping pan light. Next project is making those "Stick-in-a-can's" right josh? I just got my prepaid mail-in rebate visa card from Staples, bhphoto.com here I come!

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Villa0076.jpg
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Villa0077.jpg
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Villa0078.jpg
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Villa0079.jpg
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Villa0080.jpg
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Villa0081.jpg
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Villa0082.jpg

Here's my ghetto setup
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/IMG_0027.jpg
nice plant clamp

M3r(uRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #9603 (permalink)
I've been around

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I have plenty of bad paint I can send you.

Yep, I loved it. Actually miss it to be honest. The only downside to me was it's size. I'm a big dude and I was always afraid if I took a nose dive I would snap it in two.

If the Axe wasn't almost $500 I would buy one in a heartbeat. Since those released I've only seen one on the BST. IMO that speaks for the design. The mini is just a lighter package.

Dundadun now owns mine, and I've seen him post plenty of pics with it in play. I even posted one in this thread. He was running it with a 10 ball stick feed.
the axe does look sweet, much nicer than a mini IMO but i think i am going to trade a trilly pump for a mini

M3r(uRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #9604 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Tom, those are looking good. Product photography is what I'm going to be concentrating on. Been watching a lot of videos and reading up in it a bunch.

I need to make me some sticks-in-a-can soon. My lady is awesome! She's been able to get me a bunch of stuff from work, like as much white foam core as I want! Plus, a HUGE roll of white photo paper I can use as a back drop.

I've set up my "studio" area in our bedroom. I'm using a crap-tastic tripod, three TV trays, a clamp light I borrowed from my dad and her older Dell 19" laptop tethered to my Nikon D90. Unlike you Canon guys, the Nikon tethering software doesn't come with the cameras. It's extra. HOWEVER, I've found some free software that will let me tether.

I've been playing around with lighting, exposure and depth of field. Here's a lighting example of my T2. I used one light source in two different spots, then overlayed them.

Here's the first pic:

The Second:

and the final:

Like I said, I'm still working on it, playing with and trying to decide what I like and to just get better at it.

Quote:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #9605 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Here's the start of my studio. As of right now, I have NO MONEY invested in it. I've either scrounged, borrowed or been given everything I have so far.

This is the first piece of Foam Core I've gotten. I cut it in half to use it as the table top and the background. The clamp lamp is my dad's with a "daylight" bulb in it. You can see the three TV trays and the Laptop. Behind my TV is that role of white paper. There's another one just like it. Her company ordered two rolls of the wrong photo paper that their plotter's ink won't work with. Something like $500 a roll. It's 32" x 500'. Once I find some push pins, I'll cut some off and it'll be my seamless backgdrop.

You can see how far away my light is, which is why I need to make a stick-in-a-can. Also need more lights.

I've got more room than is shown, but this is what I have right now. My camera usually sits on that tripod, but I had to take a picture with it since the P&S is dead.

Angle 1

Angle 2

Quote:
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #9606 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
painthappy - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #9607 (permalink)
TomCross

You're miles ahead of most people it's a good start. I'm scrounging too. I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't spend major money from our primary funds. Whatever I make off side jobs and selling old gear (hardly have anything left) is what I have to spend for photo. You lucky SOB to have that photo paper! I went to joanns fabrics and got a black velvet back drop but I need to get something white now.

Quote:
Here's the start of my studio. As of right now, I have NO MONEY invested in it. I've either scrounged, borrowed or been given everything I have so far.

This is the first piece of Foam Core I've gotten. I cut it in half to use it as the table top and the background. The clamp lamp is my dad's with a "daylight" bulb in it. You can see the three TV trays and the Laptop. Behind my TV is that role of white paper. There's another one just like it. Her company ordered two rolls of the wrong photo paper that their plotter's ink won't work with. Something like $500 a roll. It's 32" x 500'. Once I find some push pins, I'll cut some off and it'll be my seamless backgdrop.

You can see how far away my light is, which is why I need to make a stick-in-a-can. Also need more lights.

I've got more room than is shown, but this is what I have right now. My camera usually sits on that tripod, but I had to take a picture with it since the P&S is dead.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #9608 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
anyone interested in buying my kp2?lol
Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #9609 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCross View Post
You're miles ahead of most people it's a good start. I'm scrounging too. I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't spend major money from our primary funds. Whatever I make off side jobs and selling old gear (hardly have anything left) is what I have to spend for photo. You lucky SOB to have that photo paper! I went to joanns fabrics and got a black velvet back drop but I need to get something white now.
Thanks man! I've been shooting for years and have taken some classes. I can develop my own B&W film, but I love digital now. I don't touch main funds at all. Heck, I've had to sell PB stuff to pay bills recently, but I've got a bonus coming from signing on with the AF and picking the job I have now. Plan on spending a little of that on some lighting equipment and some new (to me) glass.

Could you use some of this photo paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH View Post
anyone interested in buying my kp2?lol
You're such a whore, lol.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #9610 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:

You're such a whore, lol.
ive had it for a year. and i need money....lol.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast