mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Airsmith to the dogs..

Send a message via AIM to BigMatt-MadCustoms Send a message via Yahoo to BigMatt-MadCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
we want to come and see it and talk some before we bring our materials and our bobcat and tools. we will come on june 7th and meet the owner and talk with you all.

Ahh now were talkin..heavy machinery...

Havok-

Once you meet Andy I think you just might like what he has to say...his attutitude is this....and I quote "anything we do can only make it better"

He wants this to be a good bussiness but he also wants a core group of guys to treat it like their own private club..I believe he understands that he can't go at this alone..

What do you have in mind as far as some type of building layout?

Matt
Old 05-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

hahaha. my dream is a mout type area known as the thunderdome. it should be like an octagon, square, whatever shape with an entrance on both sides. "2 man enta one man leave". imagine a large woodsball field with all kinds of structures and 2 cp's at each end, right? but dead in the center is a mout course, urban battle arena. with a catwalk perimeter with gaurd towers on each point. in the middle you should have bunkers. barrels, pallets, shacks what have you. urban entices not only the tactical player, but speeders as well. adds some diversity. here is a refernce:

now if you had this smack dab in the middle of an already kick *** woodsball field, your talkin hostin some games. you would have 15-50 on any given weekend and could host 4 big boy games per year and pull in around 20-35k annually. any field owner or producer can tell you, dont quit your day job. feasibly, this would take 9mos to a year to develop. allowing for progress delays. a standard 5 year buisness plan calls for some sizable capital to get started and 2 years to break into an attractive profit margin. also, your talkin sports insurance, equipment insurance, development costs, contracts with the producer and staff and investors. it can be done, just depends on how serious you are and how much land is available.

on another note, i compare any field i play to that of the big game fields. i cannot help that. i am spoiled. one thing i have seen in this aspect that command decisions has over all others is a trench network for both sides and some actual underground cp's.

how much property are we talkin here? enough for a field and camping? water and electric accesible? if you were to host a big game here, you would not necissarily need a pro shop. i can talk to knights crossing and have them run their mobile shop up @ no cost. air could be provided by my buddies, code 3 who do air for all the bearclaw games. flawlessly i might add. and i just met frank the tank, yes the world cup pro turned pro caps sales rep, and work a deal on paint. you would need a byop or buy on site option.

i have already been thinkin about breaking into production and looking to lease property to develop or use out of town no name fields who need exposure. all my years at big scenarios, i have made alot of friends and alot of respect. proof of that can be found here:

If I were to produce a 24hr scenario game, would you come support me? - PBjunkie.com

even the other big producers have offered to help me get started which is odd.

however, all i want right now is to fabricate and maintain a place where we can unite all the ballers in east tn and have a kick *** time. the rest will come later.

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.

Last edited by havokrooster; 05-21-2008 at 11:50 PM.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Paul at Knight's Crossing is one of the unofficial Team half~Cocked sponsors, I'm sure he'd be willing to help out once things get rolling.

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i know he would man. hes a cool dude and he is at all the b.c. games, ritually. i am making a vid right now featuring a few fields we play. it will be good for ideas plus i like to show off.

Viddler.com - recap - Uploaded by havokrooster

i can tell you right now, get as many old tires and sandbags as possible. as much wood as you can find. an old burnt,trashed, abandoned mobile home is nice and some old radar dishes. the radar dishes arent just "comm stations" they make great lids for sandbag gunners nests and tops for buidings and pillboxes.

APX regional Sales Rep.

Last edited by havokrooster; 05-22-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Havok that pic you posted looks just like P&L in eastern MA. I had a great time in that place, great buildings.
modifyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tactical Ventures

We can't use tires. Already checked on it.

Ripperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

Dang, That's just down the road from me!
shadowmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by modifyd View Post
Havok that pic you posted looks just like P&L in eastern MA. I had a great time in that place, great buildings.
yes james, it is. you mean to tell me omni force made it to maine?

APX regional Sales Rep.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperdoc View Post
We can't use tires. Already checked on it.
why not?

can we bobcat some trenches?

APX regional Sales Rep.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
yes james, it is. you mean to tell me omni force made it to maine?
Myself and 2 others from the team made it up there, the field is in Bridgewater, MA(not far from Plymouth rock). The town is a western theme with a jail house in the middle and a hangmans platform. Some of the games would be, no one on the second floor but snipers, and they could only be killed with a head shot. The ramps were very slick (like ice)from the old paint so keep this in mind for your building.
modifyd is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast