Just picked up a Sterling
I have recently bought my first Sterling and I have a few questions for you guys.
1. The previous owner purchased it in 1995, and he says that it is an early one that does not have a serial number. My question is, how many were made prior to them being numbered?
2. Any specific maintenance tips?
3. The pump stroke has wore down a little bit of the anodizing, any way to further prevent this from happening?
4. Any way to lighten the pump stroke a little? I think the contact with the barrel is making it a little more rough.
5. The previous owner also said that it is an STP, however, it is rightfeed and does not look like the current STPs, any info?
paintball by will11181118, on Flickr
2: The stirling is simple to maintain as it is like any nelson valve but instead of the gas going through a powertube it is routed up through the bolt in the top tube - That is the only difference. When i had one i lubed the bolt after every use as well as the fake bolt thing in the bottom tube (The thing that grabs the hammer).
I also used to take the whole thing apart about once a month to check all the o-rings and lube up everything that moved to increase effiency.
3: Maybe some clear laqure spray paint?
5: The new one is just refined. I belive the one you own was made by a different company from the new ones. It is just a new design but is still an STP.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC