mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sterling (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/)
-   -   Velocity Adjuster Tool (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/211760-velocity-adjuster-tool.html)

toymachine 08-24-2012 02:28 AM

Velocity Adjuster Tool

Greetings,

Unfortunately my Sterling Bronze didn't come with one (thank you I&I Sports :rolleyes:) so... I need to find a way to adjust the spring tension through the hole in the pump, but don't have any allen key that will work. Keep in mind I have the present/newer gen model of the Bronze edition.

1) What size allen key, metric or standard, is used to adjust the velocity through the little hole in the pump?
2) Where can I buy (preferably on the internet or some mega-chain retailer) such an allen key, one that is long enough to fit all the way down through the tiny hole in the pump?

Worst case scenario, as long as I figure out which size it takes I can just get a local hardware place to order me one if I can get it easily elsewhere/ways.

Much thanks!

Ian Mac 08-24-2012 05:43 AM

The bronze and STP share the same pump handle but the bronze does not have a hollow pick up rod or velocity adjuster inside the body I'm afraid.

Bartman 08-24-2012 10:18 AM

yea the bronze uses shims in side to adjust the velocity, hmm sounds like there is a market for a adjustable hammer set for the bronze and the older sterlings

Bart

toymachine 08-24-2012 04:41 PM

Ian - any idea (maybe bacci?) where I would find such a hollow pick up rod or velocity adjuster? thanks!

Bartman 08-25-2012 12:44 AM

Have you tried arrow, maybe there parts will fit in your gun, its a thought, or maybe custom work, that's the only thing I can think of

Bart

toymachine 08-25-2012 02:25 AM

Yea, I should just talk to Mike... I'd asked him about ordering the STF constant air end cap, but kind of put it off given the cost and the fact I don't reaaaally need that piece right now. But now it might be worth getting, if I end up ordering this other stuff from AP...

Bartman 08-25-2012 12:17 PM

you know depending on cost it might be better to sell your gun and buy a new stp ?

Bart

toymachine 08-26-2012 01:51 AM

lol... arrrr, I had all of my markers laid out together in a group today (something that I've never been able to do as I had been moving around a lot and leaving guns here and there with friends)... with the red cci 45 frame, I really like this bronze setup I have going. I'll just have to buy an stp when the time comes. in the meantime I'll get an a/c detent installed, bob the rear asa/valve housing and spring it for around 500psi.

Mike Taitt 08-28-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toymachine (Post 2455544)
lol... arrrr, I had all of my markers laid out together in a group today (something that I've never been able to do as I had been moving around a lot and leaving guns here and there with friends)... with the red cci 45 frame, I really like this bronze setup I have going. I'll just have to buy an stp when the time comes. in the meantime I'll get an a/c detent installed, bob the rear asa/valve housing and spring it for around 500psi.

Hit me up whenever you're ready, and a beautiful new STP will be in your hands within 72 hours of payment. Just like this one!

toymachine 08-29-2012 10:37 PM

LOL, whats a sales man you are mike. I'll be in touch, sooner or later. in the mean time I think I found someone to install an a/c detent and while I'm at it I am getting my bronze ano'd. So... might be later than sooner, but I'll be in touch. Thanks for your help!