mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugged2Much View Post
I went over to the pbnation forum and sent a message to super_stanchy. He will be able to re-thread a Phantom barrel to fit a Sterling, and he can do Freak boring to it as well. You pay him, he buys the barrels from CCI directly, does work on them, and sends them to you.
Thanks Mugged2Much
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugged2Much View Post
I went over to the pbnation forum and sent a message to super_stanchy. He will be able to re-thread a Phantom barrel to fit a Sterling, and he can do Freak boring to it as well. You pay him, he buys the barrels from CCI directly, does work on them, and sends them to you.
Tjena

Just bought a old sterling myself yesterday. looking for a barrel aswell ( freak )
Expensive? Live in Sweden aswell
ifkgbg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

More swedish sterling owners. Cool. Tough I got a new one.

If you check under the grip are there slots in the grip were you could insert threaded objects - nuts - fastners. I have an old PMI plastic grip frame were the bottom line is meant to have fastners (muttrar) inserted into the gripframe and then you bolt on to them.
steeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have one of SSC rethreaded and freaked phantom barrels. Solved rollouts for me. Nice quality work and barrel is only a hair narrower than the stock barrel so the pump handle play around the barrel is practically the same as a stock barrel.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifkgbg75 View Post
Tjena

Just bought a old sterling myself yesterday. looking for a barrel aswell ( freak )
Expensive? Live in Sweden aswell
Goddagens!

Did you get the one on Tradera? The one with the Armson barrel? I was keeping an eye on that, but I thought that one Sterling project at a time is enough.

Sterling-threaded Freak barrels are extremely rare - you are not likely to find one. Best thing you could do is find someone to bore your barrels for Freak inserts. I know there are guys on the paintball.se forums that have done it, but no one is appartently willing to advertise. Once we do find someone here in Sweden that does this type of work, I have a load of barrels waiting for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltoe View Post
More swedish sterling owners. Cool. Tough I got a new one.
Hej! Yes, I've been following your adventures in this section. Congrats on an awesome looking Sterling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltoe View Post
If you check under the grip are there slots in the grip were you could insert threaded objects - nuts - fastners. I have an old PMI plastic grip frame were the bottom line is meant to have fastners (muttrar) inserted into the gripframe and then you bolt on to them.
No such thing in my gripframe I'm afraid. Plus the holes are kinda tiny for attaching anything with a bit of weight - I'd have to put M3 or M4 bolts through there. I have the bits for tapping it in M5, which would be adequate, but I think I will throw money at it and get a new STP .45 frame instead.

But hey - nice to see Swedes showing up here!
Where do you guys live? I'm right in the middle of the country - Ljusdal, in the southern parts of Norrland. There aren't many active pump guys around my parts, but I thought it would be fun to get some retro paintballing started. Most pump events seem to be held way down in Skåne or Västkusten.

Areas of special interest:
|:| Autocockers |:| VM-68 |:| Sterling |:| Phantom |:|
Mugged2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
I have one of SSC rethreaded and freaked phantom barrels. Solved rollouts for me. Nice quality work and barrel is only a hair narrower than the stock barrel so the pump handle play around the barrel is practically the same as a stock barrel.
Ah, that is good to hear. Thanks!

Old 03-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Did you get the one on Tradera? The one with the Armson barrel? I was keeping an eye on that, but I thought that one Sterling project at a time is enough.

Correct and Iam looking for more Sterlings.

True ,one projekt at a time is enough.. Or is it?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

But hey - nice to see Swedes showing up here!
Where do you guys live? I'm right in the middle of the country - Ljusdal, in the southern parts of Norrland. There aren't many active pump guys around my parts, but I thought it would be fun to get some retro paintballing started. Most pump events seem to be held way down in Skåne or Västkusten.[/QUOTE]

I live in Gothenburg , plenty of pumpplayers around here wich is good.

Love retro paintballing.

Looking for an 45 frame to fit the sterling, hade one custom made a fewvyears ago but sold that one Iam afraid. IT was an old Automag 45 frame and it fit almost right on the money.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifkgbg75 View Post
True ,one projekt at a time is enough.. Or is it?
Well, no. I have recently finished two of my projects; The Vents Predator mask and a Trilogy Autococker. I dropped a third project; a PMI Trracer. So right now I only have two projects; the Sterling and my old VM-68. But the VM is my baby, and therefore a long term project - so at the moment I'm just spending money on the Sterling.

I've ordered a brand new 45 frame from Proline in the UK. It's possible that it would be cheaper to find a mag frame and modify it to fit, but I'm really looking forward to getting the new Sterling frame.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I am in Uppsala, just picked up Paintball again after beeing away for 15 years or so. Played with my Tippman SL-68 II then and decided to continue with pump play.
steeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sterling