mcarterbrown.com  

Team Blackrain Home of Team Blackrain

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

$63,168,000 in cruise missiles fired at ghdafalafi and that's $1,504,000 to kill one person. Woo for overkill.

You trade a guy you know a condom for a beer.

He takes himself on home and calls you the next friday saying "hey bro, That condom you loaned me broke after I took it out of its wrapper and used it"

Would you really trade back a beer for a used rubber?
Old 03-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Getting ready for a Big Game/Scenario:

Let's first start by saying everyone preps different then I do. This is just a small guide how I do things.

The first thing I make sure happens is work. Can I get off on vacation? So I look ahead and see how much time off I have and schedual ahead of time, several months in advance.

Second is the cash. how much overtime will I have to work to cover expensis,ie food,hotel,gas and the Wife shopping.

Third is my prep list of things to do. This is a list I have compiled over time from my experience and others. Personally I do not camp,but others do.

Water
Money
Food
Canopy
Chairs
Ice chest with drinks
Spare guns
Transportation
Extra lenses (optional)
Extra clothes
Place to sleep comfortable
Extra HPA/CO2 tanks
Waiver
Pre Reg paper work
Paint (amount depends on the individual)
Baby Wipes
Bandanas
Helmet
Comfortable ankle supported boots/cleats
Loose clothing to keep blood flowing (Gangsta loose wear I wouldn’t advise)
Tools
Tables
Paper towels
No fog
O-rings
Lube
Batteries 9v AA
Micro fiber towels
Electrical tape
Duct tape
Meds
Tent (large enough to fit all of this stuff)
Air matt (nice padded is good after a day of play)
Blower (for air matt) (And batteries!)
Sleeping bag (multiple) (depending how cold)

The above list isn't etched in stone,nor is it permanent, it's just a guide. Add and subtract from your list.

I'll be attending Super Game 41 in Apr 2011,so eveything is in place. I have cash set aside,I have my hotel and just for good measures I have purchased a few camping sites. Even I like to park close and not walk far.

The keep to a great event is backwards planning. The first thing on your list should be the last thing you do is:

start game
chrono
briefing
register
etc etc

Now I know my list doesn't say any of this, but my real list I carry does.

The bottom of your list should read as such:

etc etc
food
hotel
transportation
money
Time off work/school

Time off should be the first thing at the bottom of your list and that's where you start from and work your way up. Prioritize your list as you see fit and it will always work for you,remember work from the bottom up.

If you have sponsors,contact them and let them know where you will be playing next. They may want to come and meet you or just observe.

My list also the above list falls in with this one:

start game
chrono
briefing
register
arrive at field
eat breakfast
up early
sleep early
eat dinner
check out filed
arrival
departure
make sure Garmin/Tom Tom is working and updated
pack car
prep/pack gear (See List)
prep guns
food
hotel
transportation
money
Time off work/school

So not a very big wright up,but just a small guide on getting started.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 03-21-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

So what's up with the padded shirts many players are buying?????????? It just cracks me up that a little sting scares them. I'm sorry,but the only thing you should be padding is your SAC. I guess it's just me. Maybe this generation is just to soft in my opinion. Pants hanging down past the crack of their A$$ and hola hoops in their ears. I must have missed something. Maybe I'm just to old to understand why it's all a big deal

So it seems as if the economy is picking up a little. Just hold tight onto your money and be cheap. If your doing this now and surviving with out 3D TV and the newest fads out there,then you are a survivor. We have them on the run,dropping down our debt,shutting off our credit cards,making cars last longer and eating in more. Maybe this recession was good in a way,bought alot of families closer and bought back family time of sorts.

So I was talking to a local player. He told me paintball was dying in our area. What the HELL does he know,he's been playing a yr and has only been to one field. What he isn't realizing 3/4 of our yr is cold,snow and mixed with rain. It was hailing today and the Sun was out. Yea like I'm going to play in hail. Then again I have a helmet to protect my head. Paintball isn't dying in my area,it's just starting up for the yr, and it's hitting the players hard with Big Game formats that are drawing the players.

So it has been a long time,but I just want to throw a shout out to Sugar Stump. I'm not sure if you know this,but you have helped more people you know. In and out of paintball. Just keep up the good work. Dale you are a legend in our sport and trust me when I say that's in a small group of 6 that I consider you in. Maybe one day you'll finally show me those see thru RAM box loaders I keep bugging you about and sell me one

MCB,well what about you guys. Some of the best people I have ever met in my 23 yrs in paintball. We are all famous amongst ourselves. We are legends and don't even know it. One day when the "Old Dogs" of this sports are long gone,people will ask about us and remember us. Nothing but great people here,one day I hope to meet all of you,if not then in the after life we'll have one HELL of a game on our own private field.

MAD,what can I say about you. Crazy was my first thought when I rolled up on your site many yrs ago my friend. Your present forum is just as good and your ideas are still some of the most stolen on line to this day. Keep up the good work my friend.

Claudio. Yea. So how is Bolt doing?

So enough of my ramblings, just felt like writting something crazy tonight.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

So here's a load of crap. Can you believe this. OH MY JIMI AND SUSIE have socializing issues. You know what,take away there F'n video games,their F'N phones and computors. Put your crap away and spend some family time learning about your kids. For Christ sakes children are becoming obeese,diabetic and such. Take your kids out for a walk or a hike.

Docs warn about teens and 'Facebook depression' - Health - Mental health - msnbc.com

So enough of that,CRAP like this just pisses me off. My chilren can't socialize,oh my I need my Prozac,and my little Johnny has anger issues. Put a strap to his A$$ and those issues will go away. I never remember all these drugs these kids are precribed. Has anyone ever thought your kids just might want your attention?
Well the issues I see is that parents are bent on just making money and give the kids whatever they want' just so they don't have to deal with it.

So the issues your kids are having are actually some that you made for yourself.

Sorry, Just had to vent.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 03-29-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #25 (permalink)

Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

So this goes out to the ones "Over There". You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I know what you go thru on a daily basis. I feel your pain. You're everything to many of us and those that know only have total respect.
The "knees in the breeze" and the "Full ruck" on your back, aren't what make you,it's what's in your heart that does. You know it's right what you do,don't ever let anyone ever tell you it's not,no matter what.

Let the bleeding hearts protest all they want,cause one day they to will face an enemy and realize they don't have the heart to defeat it. They are weak and always will be weak. Weak in the heart,in mind and in protecting their families. They are more concerned if their lattes have soy or whole milk. They cry because their Blackberry isn't getting signal or they are told they can't text while driving. Let them cry.

You are the strongest force in the World,and everyone knows it.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 05-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

So let's rant for a while,it's been a while:

So I hear Kadahfi and a few others have warrents issued for them. "Hey what's those Helicopters doing in our yard??????????"

Yea it's coming you bastard,your next,time for you to go. Guess we'll finally collect our assest.

You should have just stayed quiet,we would have left you alone.

Well I see more paintball shops are closing,such as Action Village. Oh well it's really not that big of a loss,for those working with the company,yes it is,they are out of jobs.

Woodsball,man has that changed. What do we have like 2 catagories now:

I'm just GI Joe when I play and I think I'm GI Joe, so you better listen to me I'm hard core :rotfl:

Actually I like the way woodsball is progressing. Many different catagories for people to choose from as far as playing styles go. Few leagues have started and they seem to cater to individuals who want a different level of playing.

Speedball,well I've noticed it's still fading away little by little. I've noticed an increase of speedballers making the change to the woods. So what if you are wearing white outfits,who cares get your use out of them. Eventually they will get dirty. How many of you have realized that a tree stump doesn't collapse when you Superman slide into it :rotfl:

I guess by now you have realized that the woods aren't a preset arena :rotfl:

Great to see alot of you converting

Well Bin laded has been capped,which is probably best for everyone. America wants to see pics,get over it,it's done and no Picture at 11 for you. Worry about your lattes and blackberry,cause before all this happened and you were chantting "USA USA USA" a few weeks ago in the streets,you were probably bad mouthing this country and it's leaders. So you get what you get.

Well that's about it,life has been good for me these last few weeks and nothing really upseting has happened.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 05-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well it's been a while since I last ranted,so let me tell you about my weekend. It was kind of fun at both fields I played. One was a family field,which is my normal fiels and the other is local. Getting more airsoft players then anything.

I played against a bunch of guys that were all toting Egos. Some were good old boys from Georgia and Florida. Nice guys and no attitudes,they just wanted to play. Even though they were kicked to full ramp mode,I had no worry. I started off with my SP1 and finished up with my MG7. I had no choice,the SP1 won't hit 20 plus,but the MG7 will hit 20+. So it was a good day.

You know there should be more players like this that don't care,and just want to play. They were telling me that their local fields seperate the beginners from the experianced. This is what many fields lack and I think why many fail.

Remember the beginner keeps the sport going if we run them out,they don't come back then we get bored. Pretty soon,all that's left are individuals even the field owner wants gone.

So what else do I rant about hmmmmmmmmmm. Well I can say that I bought a cheap piece of crap shirt that I had to have my Mom add cuffs and a neck to. That's the problem with many paintballers. Just taking crappy stuff and thinking it's the next best thing to candy. When in reality the company just made a butt load of profit off you/us the player.

There are those players out there who cannot accept anything less then to look like the tourney player,regardless if it's crap or quality. I just can't understand why,I'm still stumped after all these yrs.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 06-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

So why have I remained a SOLO ACT?

Sounds like an easy answer but it isn't. Yrs ago I was on several teams. We weren't that big,but attended several Tournaments in our area. Back then we used to travel miles/hours just cause we heard rumor of new fields.

Also the team I was a part of were military members, which ment we were going to brake up eventually. They were always sooner thyan later break ups. Mostly due to field time and deployments and family commitments. Our main cause was Money and people who didn't get along.

We didn't make much and our fastest players were the teenage kids who ranged from age 14yrs-16 yrs. Back then the age was limited to 18yrs old,but military base was as low as 11yrs. So the kids getting money to travel to a field that allowed players under 18yrs was basically a NO-GO for us.

So flash forward a few yrs, and now living in Texas. Paintball wasn't that big in my area and the internet hadn't been invented. Nearest fields for me were over 100 miles,till one day,a field opens 25 miles away. LOSERS!!!! Some Red Neck with a partner, and neither knew about paintball or played. They had one tournament and bought in a "RINGER" team from Houston Fully equiping them with endless rounds and air. Yea like I'm playing with those kind of rules.

So paintball was a hard to find item around my parts. I was going crazy and not being able to play every weekend was killing me. Then a field opens up near by and I finally start getting some playing time.

Well as time went on,people wanted to form teams and you always have that group that gets in good with the field owner. As long as they shoot a ton of paint,it's good for business. I was still shooting a pump and spanking these guys,but to make them feel better,I finally decided to upgrade to a Spyder. Auto Mag and Auto Cockers were the top guns still.

So lets get back on track. Teams started forming and if you didn't have the cash or a top end marker you weren't playing with these guys. So I just beat on them more till they started to gang up on me. About this time I realized a team still wasn't for me. These guys wanted to be a Scenario Team and at the time Scenario game players kind of freaked me out a little with their weird costumes and thinking the actual game was the real deal. Plus I'm not taking orders from anyone but my Mom and Wife.

So as time went on I just started to become more of a solo act. I would help out the kids at the field and fix their guns,because the supposed pros and the field owner had no real knowledge about fixing what the players were shooting. Instead they offered to sell them a Mag or a Cocker.

Every so often I would pick up a playing partner,but those never last very long either. Soon I just found myself traveling with my Wife more and more,till it just became the two of us.

I guess my standars of playing and just having fun as a team doesn't fit well with many players. I have no real reason to go to the "Next Level" or compete against others.

What have I learned from all this????????????????

Well I know as a one man team,Iam better equipt then most. I have my own Paint Grenade Machines,I have my choice of guns and gear. If I want a team shirt,I can get what I want without any discussion. I have an awesome pit crew that just does an incredible job. I have outstanding Sponsor support.
If I don't want anyone on my team,I don't have to. I'm not forced to make sure someone's friend is picked up. I can play with a pick up team of a few players and form a team just for the day or a few hours. I'm fine with that,cause if they get stupid I can just walk away and go about my business.

Don't get me wrong thinking I'm better than others,I'm just set in my ways of playing,and they are not in the direction that the "New Breed" player wants to go.

There are a lot of players out there that I like hooking up with on the field,most of them share the same play style as I do. They are just there to have fun and careless who wins.

So there you have it,why I stay a Solo Act or One Man Team.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 06-05-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

So today was an excellent day of paintball. Didn't really feel like playing in the woods. Just stayed on flat terrain today on sturcture fields. However it was still a great day. Some didn't understand the surrender rule. However that's all beside the point today. It was just a great day

Now all we have to do is get I LUV STRATS out on the field. He needs to quit teching guns and play more.

So what has been going on in paintball. I'm not really a magazine reader anymore. What I have noticed is the trend of pump is still going hot and heavy,which is a good thing
Players attitudes have changed a little. I have noticed more players being layed back instead of being worrying about what everyone else is doing in the paintball world.

Later,
Blackrain
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Team Blackrain