mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Basic T8 questions:

So tommorow I will have a t8 in my gearbag. I have absolutely no knowledge of the t8, or any tiberius marker for that matter. I just need to know any secrets you fine people may have picked up from experience.

I googled a bit and did find the thread on tiberius forums about tearing it down, how often will I need to maintain the internals of both the marker and magazine?

If I find myself with unused c02 in a mag post ballin, should I remove the 12ie or is it acceptable to leave it aired up for 2 weeks?

Is there any specific type of oil I should pick up to use?

Of course I had many more questions earlier at work when I had no time to post this. This is all I have for now. If you guys can answer these, or any other questions I'm likely to ask, please help me out. I'm not adverse to a little trial and error, I just like shooting a well taken care of marker more than I enjoy the actual maitenance.

If you can answer any of these (or any other questions you think I'm likely to ask, please do!
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
I leave my 12g in the magazine, but remove the magazine from the marker. DO NOT leave the paint in the magazine.

Big tip: do NOT eject the magazine to check your remaining shots. You lose 1-2 rounds, enough air to shoot 1-2 rounds too.

If you go to insert the mag, and for any reason it fails to catch and pops out, do NOT re-insert without removing the mag FULLY from the marker. Odds are 1-2 rounds are now floating free between the mag and marker. re-inserting without removing will crush those balls and make one hell of a mess. This will render the Tib unfit for useage without cleaning.

Cleaning schedule: Well, I tend to tear down and clean my tibs after each day at the field, but i've usually had at least one break. If you go through an entire day with no breaks, you can probably get by without a teardown. But even one break that gets paint in the detents means you need a full teardown and oiling. (I use air tool oil, $2.49 at Home depot for 8oz)

There is a guy here on the Forums (Pistolz), that does an excellent mod on Tibs where he cuts a slot in the gripframe so you can see how many rounds are left in your T8. Best $25 upgrade you can consider.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seishuku Kaze

Send a message via AIM to Zenith_VSP

**Melkson offers great tips/pointers in his post, so I won't copy!**

Great to see another user enter the Tiberius corner of the paintball world,

As far as maintenance on the internals and magazine goes. In my opinion, you should maintenance your T8 (or other) after each day of usage (full day). If that doesn't work for you, then every other time after usage. With CO2, you simply can't risk your seals being worn/eaten when you need your shooter most. You will most likely be using your Tiberius a lot, and with that, a lot of CO2. To ensure that the seals remain in satisfactory condition, you will need to service (take apart your T8) and lubricate each seal and/or Oring in the bolt assembly as well as the regulator assembly with either DOW or regular marker oil (or both); and then reassemble. As far as the magazine goes, I would say about the same time frame as your marker. So when you service your marker, service your mags. However, for quick maintenance on the mags, you will need to lubricate the CO2 seal (where the 12Gram goes) as well as put a drop of oil in the puncture hole located on top of the magazine inside of the large black nut. This will ensure that your Orings/Seals will remain in peak condition for each usage; which will be a lot in one day. In regards to having a CO2 cartridge in your mag for an indefinite time frame. It will either slowly leak until it's drained, or it won't, leaving a slightly worn seal. It's not advisable to do this, but hey, it might happen unknowingly.

For recommendations on a type of lubricant(s). I would recommend DOW for moving parts (i.e. bolt, bolt sleeve chamber), liquid marker oil (PMI, Extreme Rage, Gold Cup, Eclipse, etc) for Oring seals and seals, and I typically use "Crosman Pellgunoil" for the CO2 cartridge seal in the magazine. The Crosman lubricant is red in color and keeps seals well coated/protected. Also, remember not to go nuts with lubrication because it will lead to inaccuracy. The excessive lubricants will travel through the marker and out the barrel, thus coating the barrel with oil(s) which is comparable to paintball barrel break. So stay light on the lubes. I think that about covers it

Let us know if there's anything else you need or would like to know,

-Jarred

"People cannot survive in a world without order, even if that is nothing but an illusion." -Crest, ACSL

Custom_Cockers feedback +60/-0

New PBN feedback +121/-0
Zenith_VSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkson View Post
If you go to insert the mag, and for any reason it fails to catch and pops out, do NOT re-insert without removing the mag FULLY from the marker. Odds are 1-2 rounds are now floating free between the mag and marker. re-inserting without removing will crush those balls and make one hell of a mess. This will render the Tib unfit for useage without cleaning.
That is exactly the type of tip I'm looking for. Thanks, you likely just saved me having to sideline my tib after doing this. Or at least I will be shamed when it happens now that I know!

Quote:
Big tip: do NOT eject the magazine to check your remaining shots. You lose 1-2 rounds, enough air to shoot 1-2 rounds too.
I play pistol already so counting shots is 2nd nature. Up until about 4bps.

As for the maitenance, I work every 2nd sunday so I can only ball every other weekend, giving me lots of time to service it. I'm particular about my gear but I also tend to not use finicky rigs, letting them sit in my bag. I doubt this will be the case with the t8, I'm excited to learn a new system.

Speaking of which, there is another thread about someone having a ref possibly remove the relief valve adjuster. So I have another question, are the velocity adjuster and relief valve the same size hex wrench? If so how do I determine which is which?

Thanks for the help gents!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
needs time to play

They are the same size. but you will quickly remember that the velocity is in the plastic hole on the right side of the back of the gun.

The relief valve is dead center in the back of the gun. if you adjust it you will hear it leak. Stop and adjust back till it stops hissing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os View Post

Speaking of which, there is another thread about someone having a ref possibly remove the relief valve adjuster. So I have another question, are the velocity adjuster and relief valve the same size hex wrench? If so how do I determine which is which?

Thanks for the help gents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson View Post
Simpler rule:
"Don't be a dick. Anyone caught being a dick will be kicked out and not invited next time. Piss off."

edit- If you need an addendum, "I am the sole judge of what constitutes as dick-like behavior."
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
There is a modificaion that you can do to the T8 grip that will allow you so see what you have left in the magazine without removing it from the gun....All you need is a drill and a dremel

Cut a slot like this down the side of the grip and you can then see into the mag without removing it
Pic borrowed from Pistolz FS thread
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Betasniper' makes an aluminum right hand mag button. It makes the mag drop similar to a real firearm, so instead of having to wrap your thumb around that fatty grip to reach the release button, you just reach over with your index finger. Unless of course youre a lefty.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver
They are the same size. but you will quickly remember that the velocity is in the plastic hole on the right side of the back of the gun.

The relief valve is dead center in the back of the gun. if you adjust it you will hear it leak. Stop and adjust back till it stops hissing.
Thanks already came in handy as the first time I aired it up it hissed! I wasnt worried since I read this message in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
There is a modificaion that you can do to the T8 grip that will allow you so see what you have left in the magazine without removing it from the gun....All you need is a drill and a dremel

Cut a slot like this down the side of the grip and you can then see into the mag without removing it
My dremel skills are not up to par for that kind of work. I will count my shots, and maybe try to use a different colored ball for the last in the mag. I've been counting to ten for a while with my overlords. Also I play drums so counting to four is like... well as easy as 1,2,3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo
Betasniper' makes an aluminum right hand mag button. It makes the mag drop similar to a real firearm, so instead of having to wrap your thumb around that fatty grip to reach the release button, you just reach over with your index finger. Unless of course youre a lefty.
In fact, I am a lefty. But being a lefty in this right hand world I've learned almost everything both ways. Including both pistol, milsim, pump and speedball type markers. I can't walk a trigger very fast lefty though.

Also I can reach the mag release with my middle finger by slightly shifting my grip. I have decent sized hands and still find the grip to be large, though it points nicely and, even in the dark, aims intuitively. I'm quite happy with my purchase and can't wait for sunday so I can shoot people with it!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Well cool. I'm jealous, I cant shoot left handed to save my life (probably literally). If you ever have the urge to get an metal release for whatever reason, I know he has at least made left handed ones before.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
you could also get a lapco mag release, it is a lefty like the stock ones, but made of aluminum (i think)

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms