mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect
 
chadders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
an idea for the 8.1

i have had an idea for a new compensator/shroud for the 8.1 as there is no other way to mount a top rail to the 8.1(short of the out of production opsgear kit) would it be possable to mount a shrould via the tac rail mount.(or the way ops gear made theirs)

i got the idea for the glock top rail kits i have seen on rap4uk(for one of the .43 cal pistols they sell) could this be done or is it just a pipe dream?
also could a stock of a type be added to the back of a shroud if it was mounted opsgear style.

or should i just go lurk the bst for the op's gear kit as its basicly a non mil sim mp-7 kit at this point?
__________________
veneratio,veritas,aequitas, ‎
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
LT.
Post Whore
 
LT.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Depths,Of Hell

Kilt Fan
yes it could be done. Drill out a few mounting holes for the rail. And a hole to fit the sight mounts and your good. What a friend of mine did was super glue a rail on his t8. Glue come off rather easy if you want to remove it was well. Also on the x7og site there's a t8 with a sir shroud.





Quote:
Originally Posted by chadders View Post
i have had an idea for a new compensator/shroud for the 8.1 as there is no other way to mount a top rail to the 8.1(short of the out of production opsgear kit) would it be possable to mount a shrould via the tac rail mount.(or the way ops gear made theirs)

i got the idea for the glock top rail kits i have seen on rap4uk(for one of the .43 cal pistols they sell) could this be done or is it just a pipe dream?
also could a stock of a type be added to the back of a shroud if it was mounted opsgear style.

or should i just go lurk the bst for the op's gear kit as its basicly a non mil sim mp-7 kit at this point?
LT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atco, NJ

this has been suggested before but never been made.
7usabball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Handgoon
 
skullcandy1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, ON

Brass N Wood Fan
its back! yay!
__________________

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mill Monkey
 
Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, California

So something like this then?


__________________
Anonymous Assassins Paintball TeamJust look for the pink shirts

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect
 
chadders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Yea like that
__________________
veneratio,veritas,aequitas, ‎
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mill Monkey
 
Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, California

Making a top rail like that wouldnt be too difficult, you may even be able to find an aftermarket that works without any modifications. The stock however is a different story. I dont have an 8.1, but from a few threads ago I think it was decided that a 9 or 9.1 backblock would fit on the back of an 8 or 8.1. That would be the best way to mount a stock.
__________________
Anonymous Assassins Paintball TeamJust look for the pink shirts

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect
 
chadders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Making a top rail like that wouldnt be too difficult, you may even be able to find an aftermarket that works without any modifications. The stock however is a different story. I dont have an 8.1, but from a few threads ago I think it was decided that a 9 or 9.1 backblock would fit on the back of an 8 or 8.1. That would be the best way to mount a stock.
it dosen't safely from what i read from that thread
__________________
veneratio,veritas,aequitas, ‎
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
 
PistolRogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7usabball View Post
this has been suggested before but never been made.
I made one that bolted to the side of an older T8 body, but in order to get it to bend without cracking (with the tools I had to work with at least) I had to make it out of a softer aluminum alloy, which didn't hold up to the weight of the red dot and any kind of impact. Plus, to me, having that kind of extra weight and obstruction on the pistol sucked. I much prefered just aiming down the barrel/iron sights.
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect
 
chadders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I made one that bolted to the side of an older T8 body, but in order to get it to bend without cracking (with the tools I had to work with at least) I had to make it out of a softer aluminum alloy, which didn't hold up to the weight of the red dot and any kind of impact. Plus, to me, having that kind of extra weight and obstruction on the pistol sucked. I much prefered just aiming down the barrel/iron sights.
yea but at near 1 per shot missing isnt fun
__________________
veneratio,veritas,aequitas, ‎
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC