mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 06-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
needs time to play

playing paintless mags?

So I was mucking about in the backyard with my t9 I had a 50rd hopper on it test/tune and was only using mag as the air source. 2 mags get me pretty much through a full hopper. I was wondering if anyone plays like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson View Post
Simpler rule:
"Don't be a dick. Anyone caught being a dick will be kicked out and not invited next time. Piss off."

edit- If you need an addendum, "I am the sole judge of what constitutes as dick-like behavior."
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
I have, but I don't have a T9 anymore so it's kind of a moot point

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
needs time to play

do you think it was worth it? what would you say the pros and cons were?

Quote:
Simpler rule:
"Don't be a dick. Anyone caught being a dick will be kicked out and not invited next time. Piss off."

edit- If you need an addendum, "I am the sole judge of what constitutes as dick-like behavior."
Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
ballin

I have a T9.1 and I only use it for first strike capabilities. I imagine you could run with it like this but why not just get a small HPA tank? That way you dont have to fiddle around with clips.
vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
needs time to play

there is no back bottle on the t9, I have play with and I don't like using a remote (1 for the line for the weight and 2 added bulk of the tank) i know the mags probably would weigh just as much but they are easier to stow.

I don't know if i would even ever do it. I like playing pistol too much. I thought maybe some was doing it and could share their experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicente View Post
I have a T9.1 and I only use it for first strike capabilities. I imagine you could run with it like this but why not just get a small HPA tank? That way you dont have to fiddle around with clips.
Plus the shoot to carry ratio. 1 50rd hopper + 2 50rd pods = 150 rds / 25(ish) shots per 12g = 6 mags to get through all 150rds. Now 6 mags traditionally loaded = 48 rds loaded + 2 pursuit pistol pods 112 (8rd x 7 chambers = 56 x 2 pods = 112 rds) = 160

so the questions becomes: easier to reload rds in a mag or in a bulk and counting mag uses while reloading rds? IDK I am hypothesizing.

Quote:
Simpler rule:

Last edited by MacGyver; 06-19-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

I find I loose track of which mags have air in them, and that sometimes gets me in trouble (failed bunker attempt, spring an ambush with one balls worth of air, ect.) I suppose one up side of running a bulk hopper is that you know when you should start getting ready to swap mags, and once you do you know that mag is out of air, and you can just mark that on your counter wheel as four instead of second or first reload.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
there is no back bottle on the t9, I have play with and I don't like using a remote (1 for the line for the weight and 2 added bulk of the tank) i know the mags probably would weigh just as much but they are easier to stow.

I don't know if i would even ever do it. I like playing pistol too much. I thought maybe some was doing it and could share their experience.

Plus the shoot to carry ratio. 1 50rd hopper + 2 50rd pods = 150 rds / 25(ish) shots per 12g = 6 mags to get through all 150rds. Now 6 mags traditionally loaded = 48 rds loaded + 2 pursuit pistol pods 112 (8rd x 7 chambers = 56 x 2 pods = 112 rds) = 160

so the questions becomes: easier to reload rds in a mag or in a bulk and counting mag uses while reloading rds? IDK I am hypothesizing.
If you really want to run tank on gun, and hopper, I recommend two products:

LAPCO Backbottle Adapter (adapts an ASA onto the bottom of a mag) and, the LAPCO (or Fixxer) metal mag release button (the stock one doesn't handle the weight well). With this, you could hook up a tiny CO2 tank (like a 3.5oz), and have a real compact setup.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
I have, but I don't have a T9 anymore so it's kind of a moot point
Well said...

When I play I get 3 full clips with one 12 gram so....

8 x 3 = 24

24 x 2 = 48

So you getting 50 rounds from 2 12 grams sounds about right. Whether or not it's worth it, for me personally the whole point of the T9 was to play mag fed but if you like playing with hopper then I say yes. Echo makes a good point about how it's easy to loose track of your shots (especially when focusing on the action) so doing it your way would make it easier.
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Shortymcduff

i play with the long bow feed along with the remote line hooked into the mag. I really like this set up my self. then again i can only play like this because i bought a T9 off MacGyver
demkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
needs time to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by demkyle View Post
i play with the long bow feed along with the remote line hooked into the mag. I really like this set up my self. then again i can only play like this because i bought a T9 off MacGyver
This is where i came up with the idea originally. while i liked the longbow concept it was too long for me. I like my t9 setup in cqb. But in all reality I like my pistols the best.

Quote:
Simpler rule:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms