mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Tiberius Arms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/)
-   -   T8.1 Dovetail Measurements (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tiberius-arms/223760-t8-1-dovetail-measurements.html)

PistolRogue 01-17-2013 08:58 AM

T8.1 Dovetail Measurements

Does anyone here have a T8.1 and an accurate vernier caliper? I'm looking for the with of the top and bottom of the dovetail slots for both the rear and front sights. I don't even own one, and don't plan to again (too heavy for my liking), but I think I've learned quite a bit more and gathered more information about a multitude of real-steel sights/dovetails and would like to try once again to figure out what sights will fit well (unless someone has already found this and I haven't come across it).

The last time I tried to figure it out, all I got was responses with incorrect information (for the record, Browning Hi-Power sights do NOT fit) or no information at all. To this day, for some reason, it bugs me, as I can't fathom that there isn't an improved real steel sight out there somewhere that works.

Killjoy Industries 01-17-2013 10:25 AM

I just picked up a T8.1 the other day. I just happen to have some calipers too. I will try to get you some measurements tonight.

Fixxxer made some sights in the past. He could probably tell you as well.

Nightstar 01-17-2013 03:57 PM

I was going to offer but I'll leave the measuring to the experts. I'm interested in where this goes as I'd like some TFOs on my Tibby. Just so you know I'll be lurking around waiting to see what madness you cook up.

PistolRogue 01-18-2013 02:02 AM

I don't really plan on building anything, since, again, I don't own a Tib anymore and am trying to avoid owning one again (I think I've had 6 now lol). I love the looks and the ergo factor of the guns but the weight of the mags totally wrecks them for me. I could live with that before I played with just my Zeus and 10 round tubes but now that I know how light a 300 round pistol setup can be I can't go back to a heavier 80 round setup with a Tib...

But like I said, I'm curious and would like to help the rest of you guys out if I can find a working combo of real-steel stuff that would work for you.

Nightstar 01-18-2013 02:19 AM

I'm working on a remedy for the weight penalty myself. You'll be the first to know if it turns into anything(now that I have all your mags :)

Killjoy Industries 01-18-2013 08:16 AM

Sorry, I got tied up last night playing with my new M&P .40, I forgot to get the measurements. I will try to remember tonight.

Killjoy Industries 01-21-2013 01:00 PM

Ok here is what I come up with.

Rear Sight

Base of the dovetail is .365 - .368"
Top part of the dovetail is .307"

Font Sight

Base of the dovetail .344 - .345"

Hope this helps.
Top of the dovetail is .286"