mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I am definitely on board for one. Post a new thread when you are ready to take orders.
^ this, but also let us know in this one lol, I don't want to miss out!

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Electro Food

First thing you need to do is GET A PATENT! It's only going to be a matter of time before a big company like RAP4, Tippmann, or someone else sees this and gets one before you. Love the idea man, and I love how you're doing this for us, but you really need to reserve this as YOUR original NOW!
Gilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Autocannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilks View Post
First thing you need to do is GET A PATENT! It's only going to be a matter of time before a big company like RAP4, Tippmann, or someone else sees this and gets one before you. Love the idea man, and I love how you're doing this for us, but you really need to reserve this as YOUR original NOW!
This is some solid advice, cRAP4 seems to put out clones of just about everything. That being said it is using the mounting configuration for the 98 and the feed system of the RAP4 mags, I won't pretend to know anything about patenting a product but that might make things a bit difficult.
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
This is some solid advice, cRAP4 seems to put out clones of just about everything. That being said it is using the mounting configuration for the 98 and the feed system of the RAP4 mags, I won't pretend to know anything about patenting a product but that might make things a bit difficult.
yeah, but the review process can take years during which youre in a gray area with some kind of protection. thats why 90% of the products you see every day are marked "patent pending". some companies never even finish the patent process because they feel they get enough protection by just being under review.

If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I should look into a patent, but a great example of how patents are kind of useless is with BT markers. Since it's basically a Tippmann, but only changed by little so not to get sued. Paten laws have become more and more relaxed, it used to be 15% or more needed to be different, now it's only 7%.

Plus I don't have the money to hire a lawyer to fight anyone who uses my design. Like they say, your patent is only as good as your lawyer.

The good thing is they can't sue me, or at least it wouldn't be easy since I don't use any exact part from tippmann or RAP4.

a bit of a side note, I know some were interested in a same thing but using TPX mags. I figure if I did make one I'd have the provisions there for first strike? And last I remember FS paint comes in 10s, so I figure making an extended shell for the TPX mags so they can hold 10 would make some sense, right? After getting the RAP4 adapter finished are there others who'd be interested in one for TPX mag use?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

first strike rounds come in tubes of 8, to fit the tiberius mags. i buy em boxes of 100 though,

if you made a fs compatable adaptor for the tpx mags, i would be a happy camper, lol.

i wonder how hard it would be to make one to fit on one of the modified cockers i have built.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass and Wood Fan
There's a guy on here who is making a modified block for the tpx sand then provides a how to on how to mod the tpx mags for fs rounds (I think the name is gunhead). I think people would probably kill to have extended tpx mags anyway ( a la the spec ops tib extended mags), that might be a sound investment.

However, wouldn't a 98 shell need some modification to feed an fs round? If not I say full speed ahead on an adapter, however, if so it might not be worth it.

I'm just happy to see someone actually doing something to breath some life back into the model 98. I swore off tippmanns awhile ago but this makes me happy. Also a simple design like this is better if you dont want to end up like the tacammo kits.

Quote:

Last edited by wrongbloke; 11-16-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Autocannibal

I would like to beg you for tiberius mag compatability but I suppose this might give me an excuse to try a tpx
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
There's a guy on here who is making a modified block for the tpx sand then provides a how to on how to mod the tpx mags for fs rounds (I think the name is gunhead). I think people would probably kill to have extended tpx mags anyway ( a la the spec ops tib extended mags), that might be a sound investment.

However, wouldn't a 98 shell need some modification to feed an fs round? If not I say full speed ahead on an adapter, however, if so it might not be worth it.

I'm just happy to see someone actually doing something to breath some life back into the model 98. I swore off tippmanns awhile ago but this makes me happy. Also a simple design like this is better if you dont want to end up like the tacammo kits.

It wouldn't take much more than a dremmel to make a 98 accept first strikes. As with everything else First Strike all you need to do is square the back of the hole.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
It wouldn't take much more than a dremmel to make a 98 accept first strikes. As with everything else First Strike all you need to do is square the back of the hole.
exactly, part of why I like the old Tippmanns.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann