mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Because you get anywhere near 6 mags and then you need suspenders.
exactly. Keep them plastic. I like them weighing 3 ounces.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #52 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

I can understand your concern's for weight, but at the same time, I'm concerned with reliability and maximum ammo. Got a design for aluminum 20 round mags Gonna have to get someone to machine them.

Proud to be a Fluffy Striped Hyena!
AsaBerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #53 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsaBerdahl View Post
I can understand your concern's for weight, but at the same time, I'm concerned with reliability and maximum ammo. Got a design for aluminum 20 round mags Gonna have to get someone to machine them.
I've yet to see anyone who's managed to break a stock mag shell. The biggest advantage the TPX has over the Tiberius line is the weight reduction. The other thing is that when you drop something light, it doesn't gain as much momentum on the way down, so it doesn't hit as hard. The heavier something is, the more force it has when it impacts. So dropping an aluminum mag onto pavement or rocks will probably end more poorly than dropping a featherweight plastic mag on the same surface.

And 20 rounds? Why does everyone insist on putting a sailboat mast on their pistols?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I've yet to see anyone who's managed to break a stock mag shell. The biggest advantage the TPX has over the Tiberius line is the weight reduction. The other thing is that when you drop something light, it doesn't gain as much momentum on the way down, so it doesn't hit as hard. The heavier something is, the more force it has when it impacts. So dropping an aluminum mag onto pavement or rocks will probably end more poorly than dropping a featherweight plastic mag on the same surface.

And 20 rounds? Why does everyone insist on putting a sailboat mast on their pistols?
Exactly.

Holy crap a 20 round mag while awesome on paper will most likely suck in reality.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #55 (permalink)
Shoots First

I'm mostly interested in something smaller... basically get the grip as close to 1911 proportions as possible with that mag and shave a good bit off the body.

A quicker 12gram changer would be icing on the cake.

redthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

...focus on 1911 format for the shell, grip panels interchangable with 1911s and sights interchangable with real sights. Would be a big hit.

I have an airsoft SV Inifinity Arms and I love the fitment....my TPX could easily assume that format I believe. I too shaved plastic off the body of my TPX.

Here are some examples:

JeramieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #57 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

My machinist/buddy is watching and reading this thread. He told me to let you guys know to keep up the good ideas and is also saying a lever changer would be possible and we are going to be brain storming tomorrow on the shell and everything else. Will update you all

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeramieJ View Post
...focus on 1911 format for the shell, grip panels interchangable with 1911s and sights interchangable with real sights. Would be a big hit.

I have an airsoft SV Inifinity Arms and I love the fitment....my TPX could easily assume that format I believe. I too shaved plastic off the body of my TPX.

Here are some examples:

http://guntalk.dbw.org/images/forum/...Punisher02.jpg

http://www.jetguns.com/images/customcovert.jpg

http://www.sekito.co.jp/image/wa-svbr.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...6inchSV004.jpg
So a double stacked 1911 in grip size/feel?
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #59 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
The mag design actually wouldn't even be twice as long as the stock one, just under in fact. With the original magazine length I was able to fit about 9-10 rounds total. The ammo is staggered, rather than stacked directly. Have to use a heavier spring and some fun shapes to force it to feed, but it should do just fine.

So far the design is complete, we just have to get one milled and test the thing properly. I can't wait to get the first one made.

Other reason I couldn't use polymer. There's some areas where the polymer would have issues standing up to wear. There's only one screw necessary for holding the entire mag together with the aluminum. Otherwise it slides into place against the other piece of aluminum into the catches miled on the sides. The single screw is placed near the bottom of the mag. This gave back some space for the paintballs that was previously stolen in the plastic design. A thinner lock system running down milled slot at the back of the mag gave back a little more space, resulting in enough room for a great staggered design.

As per your suggestion with impact damage, I'm gonna make sure the very bottom is the heaviest part of the mag. I can plasti-dip, or rubberize, the ends to prevent serious damage from hitting harder surfaces (Unlikely I'll be playing anywhere this will matter, but still worth investing in).

Proud to be a Fluffy Striped Hyena!
AsaBerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #60 (permalink)
Ridiculous MCB Member

I'm excited to here about the magazine design. I suggest you start a interest thread, because I know there are plenty of people who want them. Lets keep this on track and I'm still pushing for the 45 design, I think they would look awesome.

New S6.5 model In stock Get yours now.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...t-blocker.html
storminnorman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann