mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayBlackCat View Post
Problem with blocking the squeegee port is when a break happens you need that port. Paintballs range from .684" to .694" with most favoring the smaller size. These can result in lower velocities, poor accuracy, and breakage issues in the 68 Special. The optimum size for consistent velocity and accuracy is .692". Charts are available on the net to check the nominal sizes of the brands your field carries for the best selection.
That might have been true ten years ago or so, but nowadays .684 appears to be closer to the upper size limit. Players on here commonly report paint in the .67x range.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Old School Woods Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
That might have been true ten years ago or so, but nowadays .684 appears to be closer to the upper size limit. Players on here commonly report paint in the .67x range.
That's not good news but explains some of the consistency issues I had last game. All local fields closed over 7 years ago and only one had filled the tanks with liquid CO2. Just started again with the closest field over two hours drive one way. I assumed the consistency issues were the failed o-rings. Amazingly with 18 year old rings the marker didn't leak and fired to the end. The O-rings literally fell apart on cleaning the 68's. I just learned buna has a 15 year shelf life and urethane only has a 5 year shelf life. I kept a decent number of replacements but they are all bad now. I've been happy with the stock barrels but if paint is now that small I may have to find game replacement barrels. I also still need the re-certify my 20oz tank.

Last edited by StrayBlackCat; 08-28-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: picture failed
StrayBlackCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
pbsports.com for 68 special seals, if you didn't already know
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Old School Woods Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
pbsports.com for 68 special seals, if you didn't already know
Thanks, I bought a set from them along with a few other parts a while back. Their C spacer and mainspring did not fit my 68's, though. I believe the mainspring is actually for a 98. The C spacer is close but will not fit over the valve on any of my 68's, three total. baccipaintball.com sells new and used parts for the 68 Special as well. Very happy with my order from them. Everything fit.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Here's my detent, when you need to use it you just loosen the pinch bolt and rotate it out of the port. It holds up to automatic fire quite well.

Got my automatic 68 special working!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I also still need the re-certify my 20oz tank.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stray_b...at/7673059644/
your picture didn't work; you had qimg instead of img. also, if you want to link the image you need the actual image url.

anyways, if the tank is a dot-7737 (dot-3e), it is exempt from hydro-testing. this is a separate exemption from the 2x2 rule. you can look it up yourself if you like.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

Send a message via AIM to BigEvil

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PBN Fan
I wonder how hard it would be to mod the lower part of the breech to put a m98 style ball detent in it?

Also, I bet the force feeder doesnt help

BigEvil's MCB Feedback
Non-Butthurt AGD enthusiast since 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar20th
I think I want to get banned from mcb.. It will be cheaper
BigEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Old School Woods Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
your picture didn't work; you had qimg instead of img. also, if you want to link the image you need the actual image url.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8166/7...f6078920_o.jpg

anyways, if the tank is a dot-7737 (dot-3e), it is exempt from hydro-testing. this is a separate exemption from the 2x2 rule. you can look it up yourself if you like.
Thanks for the picture information, I have a few to update. The 20oz on the sniper is CTC/DOT-3AL 1800AB 184041L UXFER12A90. The alloy 7 oz tanks are exempt but not the 20oz.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Thanks for the picture information, I have a few to update. The 20oz on the sniper is CTC/DOT-3AL 1800AB 184041L UXFER12A90. The alloy 7 oz tanks are exempt but not the 20oz.
yeah, 3al is different. they go by the 2x2 rule, so the larger tanks are on a 5-year hydro. kind of dumb; it costs as much to hydro the tank as it does to just buy a new one. :/
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Old School Woods Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
yeah, 3al is different. they go by the 2x2 rule, so the larger tanks are on a 5-year hydro. kind of dumb; it costs as much to hydro the tank as it does to just buy a new one. :/
Yes, I'm considering transferring the siphon valve instead. Plus I am not really comfortable with a hydro-test followed by stamping numbers into the side of an aluminum alloy tank. I personally consider that intentional structural damage. Really should be stamped then hydro-tested and destroyed on fail Or better yet a security sticker (holograph or equiv.) and no stamp.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann