mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

TiPX w/ HH FS Barrel, Laser Sight

Hi all,

A roommate of mine recently got me back into paintball with his friends so I've been updating some things on my TiPX. Thought I'd share my images since I couldn't find much on the HH FS barrel/mods for the TiPX during my search.

This is it so far (zetamag, HH TiPX FS barrel, laser sight):

First HH barrel, must say I'm impressed. I tried to get good pics of the rifling:

Barrel threads are smooth, came quick. Muzzle is obviously for looks (and cheap w/ the barrel), but maybe it'll be more quiet?

Got the laser off amazon, very happy with it for the price. Bright, and has good allen wrench adjustments for x/y axis positioning. Runs on a lithium ion battery, definitely pick up a pair of rechargeable if you get this. **Using for FS comparison - not to be used near eyes/during gameplay!** [FYI] Had to add some extra padding (I used hockey tape) to the laser housing since it's not quite snug when the mechanism tightens onto the weaver rail.

I'm still waiting for the Milsig FS breach, but will post more if people are interested in the FS conversion.

Last edited by mpjo; 08-11-2014 at 03:00 PM.
mpjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
RTR ESSG

Not exactly a review, also I really hope you aren't planning to point that green laser at anyone. Most fields don't even allow them (lasers of any sort)

Feedback +27|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Not exactly a review, also I really hope you aren't planning to point that green laser at anyone. Most fields don't even allow them (lasers of any sort)
Really just woodsball, but yes, not going near eyes - thanks for the concern though!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

using a green laser in the woods where leafs are.. um.. green.

and yea, you can permanently damage an eye with that thing. What difference is there between the FS breach and the normal one? (except for the hole being D shaped)?
devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlin View Post
using a green laser in the woods where leafs are.. um.. green.

and yea, you can permanently damage an eye with that thing. What difference is there between the FS breach and the normal one? (except for the hole being D shaped)?

You'd be surprised how well it shows up, even on leaves - but like I said, I know the danger with this laser, it will not be going near anyone's face. I got it more for fun/comparing consistency of shots.

The breach shape is the main difference; I don't have access to many tools and know the mod can be done quite easily. I've heard really good things about the Milsig breach:

MILSIG First Strike Barrel Block - TiPX

I've heard this one comes polished really well, and also includes a new detent. I've only heard one bad thing about Gunhead's (breaking FS rounds or something).
Old 08-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Where are you planning on aiming the laser? Gravity wins, so to hit the chest, you might be having to aim head high. I like what you have there, but I'd just leave the laser at home. Lapco sells a barrel cover, or whatever you call the aluminum piece with the 'TiPX' logo, that has a rail on it. You could put one of those pistol red dots on there and be set.
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Where are you planning on aiming the laser? Gravity wins, so to hit the chest, you might be having to aim head high. I like what you have there, but I'd just leave the laser at home. Lapco sells a barrel cover, or whatever you call the aluminum piece with the 'TiPX' logo, that has a rail on it. You could put one of those pistol red dots on there and be set.
Really just using to compare FS conversion results, but thought it would be fun outside of gameplay.

I saw those front blocks, thanks - I'm not sure I want to anything on top, I think the iron sights are fine.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Nice gun but this isn't a review, moved to the Tippmann forum.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
Nice gun but this isn't a review, moved to the Tippmann forum.
Thanks - new to mcb.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjo View Post
Muzzle is obviously for looks (and cheap w/ the barrel), but maybe it'll be more quiet?
Bit hard to see but I assume that is a 'reverse ported barrel', the porting is directional, pointing back towards the shooter. The claim is it's not necessarily quiter overall, but the sound is less down range, but just as loud near the shooter.
I've used it it sounds the same to me, but I notice the players 100' away don't turn towards the sound of shooting in the same way.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann