mcarterbrown.com  

TJD Customs TJD Customs

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #131 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sent you a response via PM

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #132 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I still have a bunch of stuff for you. Might have to mail it. Gonna be at the turkey bowl game next Friday?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #133 (permalink)
MCB Member

Of course can't pass up target rich environments

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #134 (permalink)

Just got my evil back from him today! Looks great!

junits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #135 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pm sent.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #136 (permalink)
engineer minded

I ll be back
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Some people are penny wise, and dollar foolish.
Vitalsilence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #137 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd10684 View Post
I spent the day today boring some stainless barrels. These things are no fun at all. They turn out really nice but they take forever and I can't use my boring jig I have to put them in the hard chuck so I cant bore any goofy profile barrels. I am still on the fence on if I want do them on a regular basis I will say that they will be rather expensive to make it worth the trouble.

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/6821/20121110183802.jpg
Successful people do what unsuccessful people don't want to do, you should find a way to do stainless efficiently, maybe price aggressively and go for volume? A lot of people have stainless barrels that would want this service, including me with my one piece dye boomstick. But I'm not desperate for it so I won't pay a ton to make it worth someone's trouble.

Edit: do you cut the internal o-ring grooves so the insert doesn't slide out when you take the barrel off? That's a nice feature
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #138 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Successful people do what unsuccessful people don't want to do, you should find a way to do stainless efficiently, maybe price aggressively and go for volume? A lot of people have stainless barrels that would want this service, including me with my one piece dye boomstick. But I'm not desperate for it so I won't pay a ton to make it worth someone's trouble.

Edit: do you cut the internal o-ring grooves so the insert doesn't slide out when you take the barrel off? That's a nice feature
wait, so you want him to start offering stainless barrel boring for aggressive pricing to offset the pain in the *** of doing it, but you won't pay a ton to make it worth his trouble... and expect others will? As if there is this big untapped market of old, stainless barrels needing to be freak bored... there really isn't. and this is going to make him successful since nobody else wants to do it?

PS, I don't know of anyone that puts those oring grooves in, for various reasons I won't bother highlighting. Good freak boring jobs are a proper fit to the insert and don't need that oring anyways, it's just adding additional work and expense into the operation.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #139 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
wait, so you want him to start offering stainless barrel boring for aggressive pricing to offset the pain in the *** of doing it, but you won't pay a ton to make it worth his trouble... and expect others will? As if there is this big untapped market of old, stainless barrels needing to be freak bored... there really isn't. and this is going to make him successful since nobody else wants to do it?

PS, I don't know of anyone that puts those oring grooves in, for various reasons I won't bother highlighting. Good freak boring jobs are a proper fit to the insert and don't need that oring anyways, it's just adding additional work and expense into the operation.
Then it's a lost cause. Good luck though.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #140 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Then it's a lost cause. Good luck though.

My apologies for coming across as a D bag but I was just saying that I am one interested in using a dye boomstick with freak inserts but won't spend just about the same amount as a used freak barrel and I think there is a bunch of people like me.

It seems that you are digging a moat with a shovel when it comes to stainless steel. And if someone wants a moat and you're the only one who can dig it, it doesn't matter what you use or how much you charge, so more power to you.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » TJD Customs