mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Tournaments (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tournaments/)
-   -   Woodsball in NH or MASS (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tournaments/229978-woodsball-nh-mass.html)

Cartah lovah 03-28-2013 12:51 PM

Woodsball in NH or MASS

Any woods ball Tourny's coming up un NH or MASS? NON Mil Sims, I did those last year, not my cup of tea

tlane77 03-28-2013 06:49 PM

No tourneys , just big game/scenarios. I don't think there's ever been a woods all tourney up here.

fullofpaint 03-29-2013 12:04 AM

Nope, nearest would be PSI around Poughkeepsie in NY. They do a woodsball series with OXCC.

I've been trying to convince our field owner to let me run one, but he's reluctant cause there's just no money in it.

Grendal50 03-29-2013 05:51 AM

All-star is doing a scenario on Sat. Never seen a woods ball tourney though.

Fluff 03-29-2013 07:02 AM

Ag did a couple woods ball tourneys a few years back but they seemed to fizzle.

Cartah lovah 03-29-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlane77 (Post 2667942)
No tourneys , just big game/scenarios. I don't think there's ever been a woods all tourney up here.

The NEPL used to do their Tourny's in the woods in 96, 97 and some of 1998. Then went to pillows:bang:

Cartah lovah 03-29-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluff (Post 2668401)
Ag did a couple woods ball tourneys a few years back but they seemed to fizzle.

AG is going to do a couple 3 mans in the village. If they get a solid turn out we could convince them to give us a woods field for a Tourny. Check their site:clapping:

tlane77 03-29-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartah lovah (Post 2668421)
The NEPL used to do their Tourny's in the woods in 96, 97 and some of 1998. Then went to pillows:bang:

Ever to me is like post 2004. However I do remember watching a paintball "tournament" on NESN that was played in the woods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartah lovah (Post 2668423)
AG is going to do a couple 3 mans in the village. If they get a solid turn out we could convince them to give us a woods field for a Tourny. Check their site:clapping:

I don't think the interest would be there to do more in my opinion. You already have the Gravity League, NPS, and NEPL which has multiple divisions and formats now and has a hard time filling some of those sometimes.

I only see one on May 12th.

On top of that there are multiple big games every month now also.

I could be wrong, but just my thought.

RusskiX 03-29-2013 09:16 AM

IMHO, those who like to play tourneys, don't play in the woods and those who play in the woods, don't prefer to play in tourneys... ;)

That's means there is not much of a suitable demographic for this format.

The good news is that Gravity League is a great event for those seeking a laid back tourney venue hosted by a number of fields in New England. You could definately give those a try.

fullofpaint 03-29-2013 12:05 PM

I think there is a market for it, look at the fair amount of success UWL has been having. The problem I see with it is we all know that most of the money is paintball is made off of rentals and woodsball. To run a woodsball tourney the field would have to basically give up that field for a day and turn away potential customers. Whereas a speedball tourney is can lose money but they can keep the normal fields running as well.

All that aside, gravity league is pretty awesome, bummed I'm not gonna make the first event.