mcarterbrown.com

Tribals Tribal fan? Then this is the forum for you!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Owl Capone

Stock tribal, what to do?

I've been looking at a stock tribal and I'm thinking about picking it up. But my main question is, do I need to buy upgrades or change anything about the gun tonget it to function well? How easy/hard are they to tune up and get running?
3migo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

If it's totally stock, I highly suggest replacing the HPR with any reg you like (WGP Ergo regs are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and look pretty close to stock) and one of Edwin's gorgeous teflon-impregnated delrin bolts. If you want to get fancy, replace the AOC with one of Edwin's TILPRs, or an ASP LPR adapter and your favorite LPR. Other than that, maybe a clamping feedneck, like the CCM one Edwin also offers, and if you change out the LPR, a high-flow ASA screw as well.

Really other than those, you don't need much. Yeah, you might get some better flow from an aftermarket valve, like Maddmann's or MacDev's aftermarket, but really, unless you want to drop some serious change and go all out - new board, anti-chop eyes, modify a modern frame to fit, plus everything I've mentioned before - the basics are all you really need to do. These markers are damn decent for everything except the very highest levels of tourney speedball, and they take a lot of stock parts, like 'cocker-threaded barrels and detentes.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

i love the tribe! i own B2Ks :|

i would suggest installing a stock mac dev board, small, clean harness, cheep, lots of options

then maybe polish internals???? maybe???? i dont want to overstep boundaries but it helps B2Ks

then TRAYLESS MOD!!!!

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cataclysmic and Prolific

I wound up polishing the ram shaft and the ram inner bore as a standard tweak on the Tribal - that and adding a forward assist cone spring really helped combat first-shot dropoff.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

strange that us B2Kers would mod our guns so that we could take out the forward assist spring, while the Tribe would mod theirs and put one in

but it does help with fsdo!

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

In my experience if it isn't running, don't get it. Buying a fixerup tribal leads to heartbreak. If it does run and the price is decent go ahead. Mine tended to have first string drop off. 1st shot 20 fps, 2nd 100 fps, 3rd 200 fps, 4th and later full velocity. I would like another but unless you are just looking to collect I really wouldn't recommend them very highly. If you are looking to use it a lot and want something of that design I would recommend a bushy.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tribals