mcarterbrown.com  

VintageRex.com Vintagerex is Paintball's Premiere Paintball Museum. Help us make it better by posting missing images, info, etc.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

First run MiniCocker?

Hi guys,

I just bought a wgp minicocker serial number 169!!! It is in an amazing condition. I could not find much info about it. As always I enjoy restoring my guns to the original set up.

I am sure that the grip is not original, but I do not know wich one is correct. I am aware that back those days WGP made some autococokers with the plain model (used in many automags), and others with the "confort" style. Also I am not sure also about the back block. It should't be the square one?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Last edited by Maxbullet; 04-28-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Maxbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Back block is correct for that 98 or so cocker.

Grip is for sheridans and fits goofy on those mag / cocker frames. I think standard grips were maybe some panels or something. PPS made hard plastic / solid hard foamish grips for that grip frame that were awesome. Not the hollow nasty plastic on later stock cocker frames.

Looks pretty much stock. Cool gun. should work will with straight C02. Only thing I would want on it would be maybe a rock lpr...but that one might be workin just fine.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Back block is correct for that 98 or so cocker.

Grip is for sheridans and fits goofy on those mag / cocker frames. I think standard grips were maybe some panels or something. PPS made hard plastic / solid hard foamish grips for that grip frame that were awesome. Not the hollow nasty plastic on later stock cocker frames.

Looks pretty much stock. Cool gun. should work will with straight C02. Only thing I would want on it would be maybe a rock lpr...but that one might be workin just fine.

This gun was first bought in 93, so it can be a 92/93 model (maybe older).

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ya it came with those hard plastic panel grips. Green barrel, all pneumatics and block look correct from what I remember. Although don't remember the bolt being green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Actually that shroud looks different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boddah View Post
Actually that shroud looks different.
Its modified, but not from the original shroud. All the minicockers came with the gilled shroud. So this is a modified early autococker shroud.

Its definetly early- It lacks a detent. And those were typically added to the earlier models, along with a timing hole, so its kinda rare to see one like this.

That sledge is not original. Its an early sledge, but the first run minicockers had the horrid brass regulator that required you to constantly adjust the LPR pressure during the game, after the game, before the game.... and it would still lock up on you regardless.

It wasnt until the Rock (and Sledge) that anyone took the cocker serious. They were totally worthless with the regs they originally came with.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I didn't realize the minis had the sight rail beveled down like that on the ones that early. My bad on the timeline.

Sweet gun.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
I didn't realize the minis had the sight rail beveled down like that on the ones that early. My bad on the timeline.

Sweet gun.
I was thinking the same thing until I noticed the bottom of the body was square, the 98's are rounded behind the front block.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Clueless

This would be the right. composite frame and I do have a gilled front block guard.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Its modified, but not from the original shroud. All the minicockers came with the gilled shroud. So this is a modified early autococker shroud.

Its definetly early- It lacks a detent. And those were typically added to the earlier models, along with a timing hole, so its kinda rare to see one like this.

That sledge is not original. Its an early sledge, but the first run minicockers had the horrid brass regulator that required you to constantly adjust the LPR pressure during the game, after the game, before the game.... and it would still lock up on you regardless.

It wasnt until the Rock (and Sledge) that anyone took the cocker serious. They were totally worthless with the regs they originally came with.
Didn't the first autocockers came with a plain panel shroud? Wouldn't be the same for the mini cockers?

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » VintageRex.com