mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
the dude abides

angel with hidden reflective eye (upward facing)

UPDATE: PM me if you have a piece of crap LCD body that is taking up room in your gear bag.
Possible Eye:http://haveblue.org/tech/e-mag/eesmr1-1.pdf

I was reviewing this article:
ZDS Paintball - How Anti-Chop Eyes Work - Electronics Theory

I have always wanted a nice seamless eye install on my LCD/IR3 angels, that is, without having ugly eye straps on the side of my beautiful marker.

I remember years ago when the X-mag came out, AGD had an upward facing reflective anti-chop eye on some models. I have also seen this upward facing reflective eye implemented on the z-force autococker.

This got me thinking. If I wanted to do this to say an IR3. I could install an upward facing reflective eye my milling breach area slightly, and widening the COPS rod hole to allow eye wires through. this system would retain the use of the gas diverting plate.

And if this works with an IR3, then it wouldnt be too hard to implement on an LCD. Nothing that a long tap and a couple of grub screws cant fix.

the question that I have is what kind of reflective eye would work with say a g7 board? that is to say, where can I find a reflective eye that will allow the g7 board to think that it is still using breakbeam eyes?

Last edited by davehome333; 03-20-2013 at 09:14 PM.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Winnebago Send a message via Yahoo to Winnebago

cool.

I doubt you can do reflective eyes on a stock G7 board. you'll have to test it out with say halo eyes or sft shocker eyes or eblade eyes.

I remember the predator panther boards would allow both breakbeam and reflective. so that board may be another option.

or you can make your own.

one thing you will need to think about is the lpr channel. it goes through the entire body in the center of all 3 tubes... hence the need for the gas diverter plate in the ir3/speed/A4. You may be able to widen the hole that the sensi rod goes through and shove a reflective eye in there without compromising the gas diverter plate/inner oring -> lpr channel. Along the same lines... you will have to do something with the lpr channel on LCD/LED... since they don't have gas diverter plates.

""Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." - Ayn Rand

- I demand MY fair share of YOUR hard work. -

For Sale: Angel Mamba Fly
Angel Parts
MCB Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
the dude abides

I was thinking that I could buy a couple 120mm M5x0.80 taps and put grub screws down the LPR channel, and mill the bottom of the LCD's body to take an IR3 diverter plate. drill a couple holes and bam, we have an LCD ready for either COPS/SENSI or this reflective eye idea.

I know that the COPS rod hole is not big enough for eye wires, so when I said widen the hole what I really meant was that the hole cannot be made "wider" (as in left and right of the marker) because we would run the risk of punching a hole into the valve chamber or battery tube. So to make the hole bigger we have to make it "longer" (as in front and back of the marker.)

I do think that a stock G7 board would work. it just depends making sure that the eye and the board are both "type one" or both "type two" circuits.

I am interested in doing this since I have access to a manual mill, but I have to wait until I can find another stock G7 board and I would absolutely want a scrap LCD body to try this out on.

PM me if you have a piece of crap LCD body that is taking up room in your gear bag.

Last edited by davehome333; 03-23-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Angel Collector

utb board support both reflective and breakbeam eyes i think.

I have some bodies. not crap, but maybe.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
mag shooter

why not put the eye in angled from the battery tube and run a 9 volt board?

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
the dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
why not put the eye in angled from the battery tube and run a 9 volt board?
the whole idea is to avoid using a 9v board. I want my angel as close to stock as possible. Its a collector thing. At the very least the parts in my markers have to come from WDP.

I wouldnt put a 2001 mustang engine in a 1965 corvette. but if I knew that the ball joints had a tendency to break I would definitely upgrade them for safety reasons.

Last edited by davehome333; 03-23-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
mag shooter

you could probably still run a stock board if you wanted depending on the size of the eye, but that sounds easier than messing with the diverter plate.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
the dude abides

I really want to try this out! I found a G7 board. now i just need to order a couple of phototransistors and see if the board will will recognize the eye. Probably need to get ahold of Dr. Stangelove to get a "ribbon to wire" converter.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Cool idea! There was a guy who did a somewhat hidden set of eyes through around the seam of the breech block. Keep us updated.
RedHairedTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

Kudos to you on this venture. Have you thought about using an IR3 45 frame? That way you would not have to mill the LCD frame for the cops/sensi components.
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP