mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Question regarding PMR boards/DM boards and LCD's, oh and making it a pump.

Hmm, I think my title covers what I want to ask.
So I have a 2k3 lcd le. I had the predator mod/eyes done to it a long time ago. Got rid of the predator board, kept the eyes, bought and installed a DM4 frame and board with virtue chip. Right now, I have the eyes installed with the DM4 frame and board. It shoots great, but I want to switch out the frame to a KAPP single trigger frame I have. I don't think the DM board will fit in there, so i have been researching the Virtue PMR board, which I think should be an easy mod to the KAPP single trigger frame. What I would like to know is will the DM4 eye and trigger harnesses work with the PMR board? I would still like to have the eyes working, and from what I have seen, most of the PMR board swaps don't do eyes.
Regarding pumping the Angel, Is there a diagram anywhere floating around that has the measurements and location call outs on where to cut on the body and breach? If not i'll figure it out i'm sure.
Also, I know the pumping action is only to chamber a ball, does that mean that if you have the pump handle held back, it will fire as in semi mode? It seems like it would, but I just wanted to be sure.
Thanks,
-Phil
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
mag shooter

pmr board swaps dont use eyes because the pmr's used ribbon eyes and they were crap. there is a way to hard wire them but it involves soldering them directly to the board.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks for the quick reply and info.
Hmm I wonder if drstrangelove from pbnation has an adaptor to use the wired dm eyes with the pmr board.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
mag shooter

they do make an adapter for it but it still uses the ribbon part that goes into the board. problem with the ribbon wires is if they get bent a weird way or something the connection is broken and its a pain. i personally would just hard wire it to my board. chances are once the gun is together you won't need to take the frame off that often.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

do you know who makes that adaptor?

And I was thinking more about my question on holding the pump handle back, and still firing...yeah, that won't work. It slipped my mind that the bolt still travels forward through the breach to seal off the feedneck, lining up the airports, then shooting the ball.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would recommend having the dm eyes rewired to take a ribbon end if you want that to work right. I also know that super stanchy makes pump kits but you gotta send your gun to em and he will make it nasty. I have done quite a few conversions and the eye issue is a minor issue to be honest. :0
shooter4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I can do the pump work on my machines. I haven't really sat down to take a look at what was involved yet. I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm actually thinking to just get the board and run without eyes for now. I think my rotor can keep up.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

absolutely....Buy a virtue pmr board tho....more modes...a rotor will keep chops and breaks to a minimum also....just some fine tuning.
shooter4life is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP