mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

SC Village wants to hear from you!

At SC we are always looking for new ideas and ways to improve. What a better way than to ask the players. Simply saying that the refs suck or that prices are too high won't fix anything. In regardless to the arenas and all our speedball players, SC owns one field and the other two belong to Aftermath; we do not have enough players to set up all 3 fields so that won't happen.

We would like to hear from you guys and if enough people demand something the higher ups may actually do something about it =)
blueteamsazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

1. Enforce the rules, particularly in the parking lot.
2. Start cleaning up ALL of the fields. Starting to look a little run down.

Those are my only complaints, regarding the park aside from the speedball and or pricing.
Flonominal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

i have 1 request about decay.

i was at decay of nations 2 where vforce gave out freebie lanyards. i skipped 3, but returned for 4, and nobody gave out lanyards at decay of nations 4. i hated the standard itchy yarn and i wasn't the only one. i've heard other players complain they hated it. one player asked a ref for more team tape to tape the id card on him instead.

so i know it's insignificant, and from what i have seen, there were lots of improvements between 2 and 4 that i really liked, but it would be very cool if you can arrange one of the sponsors to have lanyards as one of their freebies again. i think they'll comply, they've been very thoughtful and practical with their freebies (they had o-rings and towels, for example)

other than that, i don't live near sc anymore so i'll just let others chime in on regular days, but i will say you have good and bad refs. the fat older guy was awesome authoritative responsible and even gives the noobs advice, some of the younger ones aren't so good at reffing though.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Not sure what can be done about a situation like this, but I was in a private party, and mid way through the 1st game on that field our ref gets called on the walkie and that we are getting kicked off for another group. We were pretty upset so we waited to see who was coming, and no one ever showed. Our ref had no idea what was going on, just that a 'manager' had made the call.

I'm guessing this just comes down to not treating groups fairly, bad communication, and a need for better walkie protocol. Our ref/private party was always put on a waiting list for fields, and would never get the call for where to take us. Eventually he had to just walk to the board and see what fields were open. It was like that all day.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Well I have some issues that I would LOVE to see get resolved. I have been here for a while and when I first playing here it was awesome but lately the quality has gone down while price has gone up.
1. The wait in between games is either two short (5 mins) or too long (15 -20 mins).
2. This correlates with #1, I would love to see a return to playing both sides of the field then taking a 10 minute break to refill and whatnot.
3. PLEASE make gun hits/hopper hits count. I HATE covering someones marker up with nasty paint (Evil) because they wont come out of their bunker.
4. Overall the refs are amazing. No real complaint here.
5. Please stop regulating the HPA air fills, last couple of times I have only been getting 3500 psi fills if I am lucky (I am using a brand new GA 70/45, so I am pretty sure it is not my gauge).
And lastly, can you please make it so I don't have to buy two air tags just so I can use my13/3K pump tank. I would love the flexibility to swap out markers during the day without it costing me an additional $10 or using my 70/45 on my Phantom.
That's my rant, keep up the (overall) good work!
P.S. Can you please clear things up about the Viper Field and the Bin Laden compound, are these two different fields or the same field with different names?
Thanks, Jeff
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have been to 3 of the Decay of Nation games. I always enjoy myself, but the scam of you guys selling "Cases" of paint that only had 1600 balls in a box really left a bad taste in my mouth. You also advertised them as a case of paint just like the premium which was also only a case of paint and it had 400 balls more then the sc village branded paint. I will continue to go to SC but I have a hard time trusting the organization.
Here is a video my buddy took. Look at what the box says.
http://youtu.be/OkBrDBu_fsg
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
I have been to 3 of the Decay of Nation games. I always enjoy myself, but the scam of you guys selling "Cases" of paint that only had 1600 balls in a box really left a bad taste in my mouth. You also advertised them as a case of paint just like the premium which was also only a case of paint and it had 400 balls more then the sc village branded paint. I will continue to go to SC but I have a hard time trusting the organization.
YouTube - ‪1600‬‏
But you get a free entry coupon!! Wait, that's right you can't use it on the same day let alone at SC. This paint they sell, the yellow shell, re-branded monster balls is just horrible. It sucks to shoot, and it sucks to get hit by hit, horrible, horrible ball....
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Backard Engineer Special

I don't mind the paint because I bring my own.
clean up the fields.
Make all day air included in price, but raise price to 30, then have a 25 dollar entry fee for no air.
Higher fills on the 45 stations.
More tables.
Hopper/gun hits count.
Stock lelands for a reasonable price to attract more pumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
The prototype is usually the hardest - then come the refinements then the ooohs and the aaaahs but they are always preceded by the !#@!@#! and the !#!!#@!% and the GAAAAAAHS
slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
YouTube - ‪1600‬‏
lol i guess it is shady, but they did say on the box clearly 1600, although in semi-fine print.

that part actually doesn't bother me. i only buy a case for the weekend anyway since the heat's going to spoil all the paint, so it's not a big loss of money for me, but i can see why others would be upset.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
lol i guess it is shady, but they did say on the box clearly 1600, although in semi-fine print.

that part actually doesn't bother me. i only buy a case for the weekend anyway since the heat's going to spoil all the paint, so it's not a big loss of money for me, but i can see why others would be upset.
Decay is FPO. If you were smart, you purchased all of your paint in advance to save money. They had the mid grade labeled as a CASE OF PAINT. Not 1600 balls. I ordered like 6 cases and when I went to pick them up I grabbed the first case and noticed it was light. I opened it up and pulled out a bag, and was like WTF is this? I pitched a fit and got them to upgrade me to a real case of paint for like 10 more bucks. I have been playing pretty regular for the last 16 years and I have never seen anything like that.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast