mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #51 (permalink)
Post Whore

17th is the date.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho

Hi there. Retread informed me about this event today. Im usually pretty busy to participate in events other than the ones I set up but this just sounded too interesting to pass up.

I have about 5 confirmed already including myself.

Most of the guys I play have really only played in my private parties and are kinda stuck on certain rules.

Will marker/hopper hits count?
What surrender rule if any do you guys use?

And would you be willing to let me use my riot shield?
Retread can confirm that it doesn't make anyone godly or unstoppable it just adds another element to the game.

I'll be sure to hit up William (SC photographer) prior to the date to ensure that he is there with his camera to capture the event.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #53 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StReaKeR View Post
Hi there. Retread informed me about this event today. Im usually pretty busy to participate in events other than the ones I set up but this just sounded too interesting to pass up.

I have about 5 confirmed already including myself.

Most of the guys I play have really only played in my private parties and are kinda stuck on certain rules.

Will marker/hopper hits count?
What surrender rule if any do you guys use?

And would you be willing to let me use my riot shield?
Retread can confirm that it doesn't make anyone godly or unstoppable it just adds another element to the game.

I'll be sure to hit up William (SC photographer) prior to the date to ensure that he is there with his camera to capture the event.
These are all things that are open to discussion. Nothing is set in stone so far.
I think the day will be a good way to set game play for future get togethers, which I am hoping it will be.

The only thing I want to stand firm on, is that the two sides are evenly matched, and would like all involved to be sportsmanlike.
Meaning, I don't want to see a bunch of pro/team/tournament players on one side, playing against people who are just rec/weekend players.

I want this to be fun for everyone involved.

Personally, I'm not big on hopper and gun hits counting.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #54 (permalink)
B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho

I share your values and concerns. I've done quiet a few private parties over the years. I usually let the youngest 2 people, 2 females, or two beginners be team captains...they just take turns picking people from the whole group. After the first game we determine if changes need to be made. Im all about letting majority decide. I don't like marker/hopper hits either and neither do 99% of the people I play with. Im all about making sure the first timers WANT to come back. Dont want you to feel like im hi-jacking your event but I'd be glad to hit up my contact at Giant to set this up.

He usually does the following prices for me
$35.00 includes air, entrance, marker, hopper, tank, mask
$28 for self equipped players.
$25 for military which includes air, entrance, marker, hopper, tank, mask and 200 rounds of paint. The military people that are self equipped (like myself) can always lend out their included rentals to save the beginners a few bucks.

Let me know!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #55 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hi streaker,

I appreciate all the help. Retread and Gman1 are dealing with the organizational part at this point. Any help in that dept., please feel free to contact them. I'm not precious about being in control, I just want it to happen
And again, hopefully we can make this a recurring event. I also think its a much better way to introduce newcomers to the game as well. Playing with more experienced players, without the chance of getting lit up and bonus balled every game.

I think the riot shield can work in certain games, with a single sided objective. For example attack and defend objectives, like a hostage rescue the game. Or defend a position.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #56 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

I've got a shield too, maybe I can bring it and we can put one on each team. Only one last question. Can I get people out with my foam sword? I do love my foam sword.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I've got a shield too, maybe I can bring it and we can put one on each team. Only one last question. Can I get people out with my foam sword? I do love my foam sword.

Cool, and yes.
If you can get close enough without getting shot, you deserve the kill.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
Festa Friendly Target

Brass N Wood Fan
I'm definitely interested, put me on the list!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
Hi streaker,

I appreciate all the help. Retread and Gman1 are dealing with the organizational part at this point. Any help in that dept., please feel free to contact them. I'm not precious about being in control, I just want it to happen
And again, hopefully we can make this a recurring event. I also think its a much better way to introduce newcomers to the game as well. Playing with more experienced players, without the chance of getting lit up and bonus balled every game.

I think the riot shield can work in certain games, with a single sided objective. For example attack and defend objectives, like a hostage rescue the game. Or defend a position.

Fair enough. A few weeks ago at SC we were doing a "BLACK HAWK DOWN" scenario game on a field where we had to extract the injured pilot (dummy) guess we can do the shield for those kinda games.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #60 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Just in case you guys think I'm bluffing, I got someone with the foam sword today. The ref fell over laughing.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast