mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Well as I said, I stand corrected. The information that I had stated came from WGP when those came out that there was no pump kit made for them. Since then I have not contacted WGP.

And in MY opinion, I do not see those are true cockers.

Never the less, as I wrote, bravo on your find.
I agree,while they resemble cockers they're not cockers.....They're more like a Raptor that's been turned into a cocker....quality wise anyway
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

How is it not a 'cocker??

This is bothering me.. I mean, they have the basic valve design that a normal 'cocker has, they have a 3-way like a normal 'cocker has, the have an LPR like a normal 'cocker has, the have a ram and pump arm like a normal 'cocker has, and the have a backblock like a normal 'cocker has. So tell me this, how the hell is that NOT a cocker?! Sure its built to be idiot-proof and isn't very upgradeable, but I was impressed with the one that I used.

Stop with the "thats not a 'cocker" BS. Its a feakin' 'cocker. The cocking is automated by pneumatics.

Congrats on your find, friend, I would love to snag one for that price.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

It was posted here a while back.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I've got to say that now that I have the trilogy and hold it up next to my ion, the trilogy is much more interesting to look at. Even with built in 3-way and such it is so much more mechanical and appealing. Is that part of what draws you to a cocker?
destro7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
hello , my name is fattie

Send a message via AIM to Fattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
How is it not a 'cocker??

This is bothering me.. I mean, they have the basic valve design that a normal 'cocker has, they have a 3-way like a normal 'cocker has, the have an LPR like a normal 'cocker has, the have a ram and pump arm like a normal 'cocker has, and the have a backblock like a normal 'cocker has. So tell me this, how the hell is that NOT a cocker?! Sure its built to be idiot-proof and isn't very upgradeable, but I was impressed with the one that I used.

Stop with the "thats not a 'cocker" BS. Its a feakin' 'cocker. The cocking is automated by pneumatics.

Congrats on your find, friend, I would love to snag one for that price.
sorry for double post , but the pbn b/s/t is full of 50 dollar trillogies.
Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattie View Post
sorry for double post , but the pbn b/s/t is full of 50 dollar trillogies.
Uh, I'm not peaved over that, I'm peaved over people saying "Its not a true 'cocker!!! It just contains EVERYTHING that makes up a 'cocker, and does so in a more sleek and simple design... so... therefore... ITS NOT A 'COCKER!!!"

Its kinda like looking at an oldschool slalom skateboard... then comparing it to a normal (newer style) skateboard and saying "Thats not a skateboard!"

I guess its 'that time of the month'

On the PBN note - I may have to pick up one of those cheap and sell it to high-school kids here for a small profit.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16

Last edited by Frontier_Bill; 02-11-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I uh, said something counter-intuitive
Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

The shear mechanicalness is a big part of what drew me to them. At first I was amazed at the idea of what is basically all the parts of a steam engine that runs on compressed air being used to cock a paintball gun. As far as I was concerned, and still am at least a little , cockers are proof positive that Rube Goldberg is alive and well and working in the paintball industry!

I actually had no intention of getting a cocker but when I was able to get a NIB Superbolt for cheap I thought "WTH" and got it. I figured that I could use it a while and then sell it or pump it. LIttle did I know that I'd like it so much that I'd get three more. At this point I doubt if I'll ever NOT have a cocker or two but I'm hoping to trade and buy up to get a couple that have some nice anodizing on them and plan on half blocking one of my Superbolts. In fact I may even go so far as to "Blazer" it by swaping the front block for a Trilogy like combo ASA and 3 way block and mount the LPR coaxially with the center bolt and make a side mount for the ram on the right side that activates the sled directly without any cocking rod at all.

I should have my own Trilogy Pro by next weekend. I'll post up a pic so we can revel in our silverness together...
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
That will be SWEET!! Keep me posted on the "Blazer" project. Sounds interesting. And Frontier, are you shooting a trilogy?!? 'Cause you defend 'em like a crazy man. Thanks.
destro7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well, truth be told... I am a crazy man.
I actually shoot a 2004 WGP vert feed 'cocker, but on occasion use a trilogy that a buddy has. I prefer my 'cocker, because I have that babe suction timed, but that trilogy is one of the best markers you can get for the price. Especially $50. Heck, my last PGP was $50. I just remember when the trilogies came out, and everybody was so willy-nilly to bash them for "not a 'cocker" and I'll admit, I was on that bandwagon, until I shot one of the little guys. The only thing I wish they had was an adjustment collar on the 3-way, but that's because I can't leave my crap alone. Hell, I have an RT 'mag that I am modifying, yet I can't even USE it because there is no HPA around here...

I don't have a trilogy YET, but once I get some cash (meaning, I need to get a job) I will probably get a cheap one from PBN *shudders at the thought of going to 'that place'* and pump it.

Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP