mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   Why still use right feed guns? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/224671-why-still-use-right-feed-guns.html)

DCx7 01-27-2013 09:14 PM

Why still use right feed guns?

So I have a right feed cocker myself and everyone always asks me, why do you still use right feed? Isn't that obsolete? I always reply with, "Just because." So I was just wondering, why do you guys out there enjoy shooting right feed cockers?

[MOOSE] 01-27-2013 09:36 PM

I shoot a right feed phantom and I love it. I like being able to sight down the top of the gun.

MaD 01-27-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCx7 (Post 2606197)
So I have a right feed cocker myself and everyone always asks me, why do you still use right feed? Isn't that obsolete? I always reply with, "Just because." So I was just wondering, why do you guys out there enjoy shooting right feed cockers?

Because I like RF cockers. Just what I'm used to. Technically cockers are "obselete" as well so why do people shoot them at all? :D

SpinDoctor15 01-27-2013 10:17 PM

I use a power feed Minimag pump, and actually sight 'below' the lower right edge of the power feed and look down the barrel in that narrow gap. Works quite well!

Acidpaintball 01-27-2013 10:18 PM

I took my friend that hasnt paintballed in 10 years. He brought his rf cocker along that he hasnt gassed up about the same time as well. Worked great besides slight timing issue, but kids where coming up to him asking what is that thing. Ah nothing like educating the young.

leathalh 01-27-2013 10:28 PM

I think its more a case of right feed guns still floating around than any being manufactured it quantity today. When I started back in the early 90's the center feed gun guys were the weirdo's. We used to laugh about how you couldn't even put a sight on one. There is nothing wrong with right feed guns, it's "old school cool".

Washington reign 01-27-2013 10:39 PM

I lov emy right feeds, I'm not sure why but they just feel more natural to me then a center feed. I also have center feed guns but they feel foreign to me.

NotBrian 01-29-2013 11:55 PM

I use a sight because I could never "get" aiming down the barrel. It doesn't poke out past my mask.

LudavicoSoldier 01-30-2013 01:46 PM

I prefer right feed guns, as I am left handed but right eye dominant. Right feed forces me to use my left eye to sight (preferred), and having the feedneck in my right peripheral vision really helps me in that aspect. I like looking straight down the barrel when I pop you in the goggles. :)

Nicodemus 01-30-2013 01:49 PM

And I just picked up a right feed for a custom stock class build.
And I will be picking another up for a custom warp feed electro :)