mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   Let me know what you think of my cocker!!! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/225035-let-me-know-what-you-think-my-cocker.html)

mxjagracer 01-31-2013 09:25 PM

Let me know what you think of my cocker!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. I'm relatively new to the forum, and to paintball. I had a job that paid well once, so I went to a shop and bought a black magic autococker. After playing with it for a couple months, I decided to upgrade to a race gun frame. I have only shot it a couple times since then, and she's been lying around ever since (about seven years). I bought a dye boom stick (which shot worse than my stock wgp barrel), has anyone had problems with these barrels?
Anyways, I'm gonna post some pics, and I would love some feedback on what you guys think. How it looks, any good equipment you spot, etc. I know a lot of people don't like the race grip frame or electronic cockers, but i was debating selling the gun, but with the money I dropped on the gun and trigger, I will never get what I would like for it. So, I'm going to try to get back into paintball instead. Are there any upgrades I should make that are common nowadays? Anything I can do with with the race gun frame (now that its basically obsolete)? Let me know what you guys think. And please, I know this is a pretty vague thread, but I appreciate constructive criticism only. Thanks guys!

Hobbes 01-31-2013 11:32 PM

Overall looks really sweet to me.

Not many people use drop forwards like that any more. Might wanna use a barrel without a stainless steel back due to the weight. A Dye Rotor hopper would look good with that and keep up aplenty.

Jebus 01-31-2013 11:58 PM

I'd High 5 you....

Rage 01 02-01-2013 02:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It looks like you have one of the newer dye boom sticks I don't know much about them, but the old one I have shoots great. I have never used a race frame only the eclipse frames which are obsolete as well. But the e cocker are a great gun! I like the looks of yours. You don't see many black magic's with a e frame.

Here is the one I just finished building it came to me as a pump with holes all ready drilled for eyes so I turned it back to a eblade. Just one of my winter projects. That is a old school one piece boom stick. I just have to find a gloss asa to mach the rest of the chrome and gloss black. It has a e1 board but shoots great!

paintballedbackin88 02-01-2013 05:12 AM

That's the first race framed black magic I've seen. Very nice. I suggest getting a freak kit for the barrel issues. I don't have any issues with my old dye barrels though. Get a good motorized hopper and that beauty will rip. A ram with qevs would increase cycling speed with the race frame and give more bps too. That's a keeper, imho. It is definitely not obsolete if it works, and can hang with modern markers.

belbert 02-01-2013 05:19 AM

Play with it as is--it's beautiful. Maybe dop the drop forward as the poster above suggested. n

Dysturbed87 02-01-2013 08:48 AM

Make sure the frame powers up and will cycle. If both of those happen then go play. There aren't a lot, but there are still some that prefer the race frame over an eblade. Also, if the battery is bad than you can grab a new (new design) one for around $34 over on custom cockers.

tippmannrocker90 02-01-2013 09:07 AM

Your barrel problems are most likely because the old titanium boomsticks are 689 and most paint lately (at least in my area) has bee 683 or smaller. I would suggest a freak kit or some other barrel kit so that you can size your paint to bore. As for the gun, keep it!! (Or send it my way)... It is hard to find cockers in nice condition that someone hasn't "worked on" (read messed w/ with no clue what they are doing) or beat on. ANSgear.com and compulsivepaintball.com have some old cocker parts, but i don't know about raceframe. I'd say get an electric hopper and hit the field !!

mxjagracer 02-01-2013 01:02 PM

Thanks Gents! I appreciate your guys' input. Gives me a little confidence. (I've been out of the game for quite a while) And I most definitely will keep her now. As for the barrel, I bought in 04, it is a two piece. VERY VERY dissappointed. That other black barrel there is a WGP (assuming it was stock?) and is pretty damn accurate. I just wanted something prettier (silly me). I have a Viewloader (3?) with the motorized fan blade. That should still be relatively close to whats on the market now right? (its powered by a 9v and has an eye in the neck to start/stop the blade..)

Ive never used any other high quality gun like this in the field. I always thought the way this drop-forward balanced the weight was nice. Is it a matter of preference? Or will I really feel the difference if I ditch the drop forward?

mxjagracer 02-01-2013 02:43 PM

Your gun looks sharp Rage. Would you, or anyone else here, be looking to sell a good gun at a good price? My buddy wants to play more seriously, and id rather see him with an older cocker, than a wallyworld pos....