mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   Outkast leaking... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/228946-outkast-leaking.html)

Squall409 03-16-2013 03:11 PM

Outkast leaking...

I recently picked up an Outkast and whenever I air it up, I am getting a leak out of the middle hose (sorry don't know much about cockers). I wiggle it around and the leak isn't as bad but it is still there.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks all

Vitalsilence 03-16-2013 03:20 PM

first take the hose off if the barb shows no damage then just replace the hose, if the barb looks damaged replace it. most likely 9 times out of ten the hose is just worn out and needs replace. you can go to most any hardware store and get 1/8in hose.

Squall409 03-16-2013 03:30 PM

I am trying that now. What is the easiest way to remove the parts that hold the hose in place?

Vitalsilence 03-16-2013 03:55 PM

the barb? you don't have to remove that unless it's damaged, other wise you should be able to just pull the hose off if not just use a thin object, ie a knife, preferably something plastic and thin to put under the hose and pry it off. If you do have to replace the barb, again very rare, just use a socket I believe it's 1/4in

Squall409 03-16-2013 06:21 PM

I got everything up and running. Now I need to learn how to time it and sweet spot the reg

Vitalsilence 03-16-2013 07:01 PM

Sweet sporting the reg is over rated and in many cases unnessecery. The only way it would be bad is if your on the back side of the slope if you know what I mean. Timming is simple assuming your cocking rock is set to the right length do the hammer adjustment first so that it fires 1/3 of the way through the pull then adjust the 3way so it cocks 2/3 s of the way through the pull. Fine tune from there but that will always give you an in time cocker.

Moosepatrol 03-16-2013 10:29 PM

This will help you out. Welcome to the world of cockers, surrender your wallet now lol.

Autococker Infosheet: Troubleshooting

pirhana92 03-16-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitalsilence (Post 2656348)
Sweet sporting the reg is over rated and in many cases unnessecery. The only way it would be bad is if your on the back side of the slope if you know what I mean. Timming is simple assuming your cocking rock is set to the right length do the hammer adjustment first so that it fires 1/3 of the way through the pull then adjust the 3way so it cocks 2/3 s of the way through the pull. Fine tune from there but that will always give you an in time cocker.

I disagree. Sweet-spotting a reg is important if you want consistent shots and want to shoot good over the Chrono. It's definitelly not over rated.

Vitalsilence 03-16-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirhana92 (Post 2656537)
I disagree. Sweet-spotting a reg is important if you want consistent shots and want to shoot good over the Chrono. It's definitelly not over rated.

You can disagree all you want but the fact of the matter still remains so long as your not on the back side of the bell curve there is no gain or loss. That s just physics. Ok I won t say none but the gain would be unmeasurable without equipment.. If your on the back side of the curve your valve is being closed by pressure not spring tension. If your on the front side the springs do the work and there tension will always be relatively close to equal. And it would be human impossible to get it exactly right on the money top dead center of the curve without expensive equipment. So stay just on the shallow side and you ll be good.

Vitalsilence 03-16-2013 11:02 PM

And for the record no matter where your reg is set the recharge rate is relatively the same. Consistency is determined by recharge rate and that is determined by your regs (tank and vert reg) and also how much volume is infront of your valve. There is a science to this you know, it s not just say so