Belsales Evolution X Build
I originally created this build thread over on the Custom Cockers forum for my 2k3 Belsales Evolution X cocker...but figure'd I would post it over on a few other various forums for others to take a look if they were interested. I ended up editing the original post into a picture/brief description overview of the project. The project ran from June 2012 until May 2013 and is now officially "finished." Here goes:
How I received it (early June 2012) - Picture of exactly how I bought this Evo from a member on MCB:
Some changes (late June 2012) - Eclipse Hinge, Check-It Unimount, Dye Stickies, Belsales Beavertail, CCM No-Pro, Race SM-1 Barrel, and Macroline Kit:
Another big change (mid September 2012) - AKALMP Sidewinder, Black Belsales Evo .44mag, QEV's, LPR, Hollowpoint, and front end hose - I thought I was "finished" with it at this point:
The next chapter (early February 2013) - Deciding to go for a more original look by picking up an Angry frame, some Freak parts, and a lot of NEW original Belsales parts:
Off to Canadia (mid February 2013) - Sending a few parts to Ton6ixer's anodizing in BC, Canada to be ano matched to the body (body sent as reference only - it was not re-anodized):
Ano completed picture from Ton6ixer (mid March 2013) - Ton6ixer finished anodizing the parts ahead of schedule and shot me a picture before shipping them back:
Evo back in the states (late March 2013) - Received the parts back from anodizing in the mail and laid everything out for the build, it was then sent off to docfire (Custom Cockers) for assembly and tuning:
Back from Cali (early May 2013) - I sent this off to Garrett - aka docfire (Custom Cockers) - for full assembly and tuning and what a GREAT job he did! This is finally "finished":
List of parts used:
- Undrilled Blue Fade 2K3 Belsales Evolution-X Body #163926
- Belsales Front Block
- Belsales Back Block
- Belsales Vertical ASA
- Belsales Angry .45 Hump Back Trigger Frame with:
---- WGP Aluminum Trigger Shoe -OR- WGP Composite Trigger Shoe
---- AKALMP Trigger Plate
---- AKALMP Trigger Springs
---- Belsales Roller Sear
---- 10/32 Brass Tipped Screws
---- Dye Sticky 3 Grips
- CCM No-Pro Feedneck
- Stainless Steel Pump Arm
- Belsales Cocking Rod
- Belsales Wire Detent
- Belsales Wire Beavertail
- Belsales Evolution Delrin Bolt and Pin
- Belsales Rex Dialer Hammer Kit with Belsales Springs and Square Lug
- Belsales Evo Supercharger Valve and Spring with:
---- Stainless Valve Retaining Screw
---- Stainless Valve Jam Nut with O-Rings
- ANS Flat Face Front Block Screw
- Belsales Evo .44 Magnum Ram
- Two Belsales Swivel QEV's
- Belsales Evo LPR
- Belsales Hollowpoint 3-Way
- Stainless Actuator Rod
- Black Front End Hose
- AKALMP Medium Length Sidewinder HPR
- Black Macroline with Stainless Fittings
- Check-It Unimount
Supporting parts used:
- Full Freak Barrel Kit with:
---- 10 inserts (.675" - .695")
---- 4 matching tips (12" AA solid, 12" Tear Drop solid, 14" AA fade, & 14" Tear Drop fade)
---- 1 black second generation cocker threaded back
- Smoke HALO B Loader with:
---- v35 Board
---- The BONE battery pack
---- Speed feed
- 68ci 4500psi Ninja HPA tank with Ninja cover
Stock parts that are not being used but are being kept:
- 12" Smart Parts Progressive one-piece barrel
- Stainless Smart Parts Freak Back
- Hogue .45 frame grips
- Belsales Nickel Trigger Shoe
- Belsales Slider Trigger Plate
- Belsales Stainless Front Block Screw
- Belsales Gas-Thru Foregrip
- Belsales Non-clamping Feedneck
- Chrome Belsales LPR
- Chrome Belsales Hollowpoint 3-Way
- Chrome Belsales .44 Magnum Ram
- Blue/Silver Smart Parts Max-Flo
HUGE THANKS to all of those that made the project come together.
- Docfire Paintball (Garrett on Custom Cockers forum) - full assembly, tuning, trigger job, and all of his love on it
- Ton6ixer's Anodizing (Mitchell) - match anodizing the Angry slider, Freak tips, and a few other pieces for me
- Compulsive Paintball (John) - for always getting back to me via e-mail and for many many parts
- Belsales UK (Steve) - for shipping everything I needed over the pond
- All of the Custom Cockers forum members for their help, guidance, and parts - especially o_nothing (Dave), buzzinhi (Tom), rschoi (Rich), dbkid (Jimmy), cshank, addicted2dunes, skinnyfatguy, pbin88, sunnysideca76, and any others I might have forgotten
- My fiancÚ for not killing me through the parts-hunting process
- Last, but not least, my wallet!
That looks great! Just built a Twister myself so I understand what an undertaking this is. I think it turned out excellent.
Hey, do you want a blue maxflo to pair with it? I just got an extra blue maxflo reg that might look good with it if you were looking to go full restore on it. Let me know. It might work for you.
You have my favorite combination of autococker trigger parts. An Angry frame + an AKA trigger plate + a Belsales roller sear + a Hollowpoint = the smoothest autococker trigger ever conceived. I have the exact same setup on my 98 Evolution.
I cannot tell by the pictures but did you polish the AKA trigger plate? They are kinda rough from the factory and it can make a huge difference.
Also, people are once again getting paid to assemble and time autocockers?!
Nice to see a fellow Mountaineer on here. I live in the eastern panhandle.
She looks great !!! I always hope my guns go to good homes as i treat them with great care. You did an Amazing job 'restoring' her. I know the Tons personally and they take great care and pride in their annodizing work.
You did good. Thanks for letting me know what became of her.
It's absolutely amazing man. I got a spare e2 around if you wanna eblade her, surely someone still drills for eyes. (It's a joke people) An evo is one of my unicorns and yours is perfect. Nice work.
Thanks man! On a side note...thanks to cfos00, I updated some pictures to include the Max-Flo he sold me. Thanks again cfos!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC